Which version do you prefer? Color or B&W?

i like color on both

is that a screenshot of bridge?

yep. color on both.

I too, am in favor of color.
If it were me though, I'd make the colors a bit more vibrant. I really like the second photo, and typically shots like this appeal to me for some strange reason. I tend to gravitate towards photos submerged with vibrant color that pops. You've indeed got a solid capture here. I applaud you for this.

I too, am in favor of color.
If it were me though, I'd make the colors a bit more vibrant. I really like the second photo, and typically shots like this appeal to me for some strange reason. I tend to gravitate towards photos submerged with vibrant color that pops. You've indeed got a solid capture here. I applaud you for this.

I'd love to really bump up the colors but it's for a photojournalism class so I gotta keep it real.

This may have been mentioned but I'd go with the color versions. :)

Removing color in PS does not yield the same results as shooting in B/W. Go through an Ansel Adams, Edward Steichen book or other early photogs and note the tonality difference afforded by B/W.

If you use PS, try image>adjust levels and play with the middle arrow button under the graph for some semblance of tonality. Go for mood.

Well, you no longer need my reply as it will say the same as any of the others have said before me. Leave the colours.

But when it comes to converting a photo taken in colour to begin with (which I find is the advisable approach when you photograph digitally), try your conversion by means of the Channel Mixer. I find you have a lot more freedom to find out which is going to be "your" version than by simply taking out the colours and later adjusting the lights/shadows via levels. (You can do that after you did your Channel Mixer conversion any time, too, of course).

Most reactions

Back