which wireless flash trigger to buy

anything you synth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've seen several posts discussing "ebay wireless triggers", but there are many to choose from. i would like to add a wireless trigger to my xmas list, so if anyone could recommend a decent/cheap trigger (preferably the ebay ones) it would be greatly appreciated.

also, i use a rebel xsi and 430ex ii

thanks!! :)

I have had really really bad experienced with the Cactus wireless flashes. There are some people on here that have wonder success out-of-the-box or modded. I didn't have either of those. I actually purchased two Cactus triggers because my one didn't work well, so I pretty much had to mod it. The mod killed it. I bought a second one, the range was just like the first: worked 90 percent of the time when it was like one feet away, but when I was like five feet I got maybe 50 percent. It really pisses me off. If you don't mod it CORRECTLY, don't plan on using it doing portraits of else you'll just piss off your model. Modding looks easy too. I've soldered a lot of things, but for some reason, even if I follow all these links trying to mod it, it still wouldn't work consistently. The best "mod" I have done with these triggers is when I just cut a wire and leave it hanging on the antanna circuit. "ghetto style". thats my 2 cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back