While I was out

Picksure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to visit my Dad, and took the camera for a ride. Just down the beach from my parents home is a great spot to view ships. Lucky enough to catch one leaving Algoma Steel. Wish I had a blue sky.............

ffb44c45.jpg

A shot from where I was standing. Yes, you can almost touch them ;) . Not a great shot, but I liked how the ship towers over the cottage.

6558ec81.jpg

On the way home, I toured down a road to a conservation area. This kind of $h!t really bugs me!!!!!

fb9dd74f.jpg

a9332b7b.jpg

thanks for lookin'

Great shots. There's something about the first one that I particularly love. It almost looks like an old photo. And that's a real shame about the conservation area. Some people have no respect at all.

the boat shots are cool! and you have captured #3 and #4 well, as well as peoples lack of respect for nature.

thebeginning, after trying almost every combination of setting with my camera(Panasonic FZ-10), with saturation on high and w/b set to cloudy(on a sunny day), the camera seems to capture "reds" most brilliantly, and the whites come out white. Also works very well with evening sun.

Thank-you all for the compliments. :thumbup:

Love the second pic...great work.

Number two for me :thumbup: ,although the first is a close second.

I'm glad you like the ship shots, they are the first that I've been happy with.

Thanks again.

nice work John! :thumbup: good job on photographing the discarded washing machine; awareness like this helps in keeping our world a better place.

Jon, the little light bulb went on in my head when I read your response.

I shall email the wash machine pics to the Conservation Authority to show them the mess. The sad part is, these people must have passed this many many times.

Thanks for lookin'

Could be that I am partial to industrial pictures, but I like the first one the most. I find the smoke stacks gives the ship a good background setting. The lack of blue sky adds to the industrial look. Good picture.

Most reactions

Back