White balance for mixed lighting.

ecphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If I'm shooting portraits outdoors in direct sunlight(no clouds or shade) and am throwing in flash for fill. Should I use the sunlight or the flash setting?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

You should use the auto setting.
and shoot raw.

Sunlight and flash white balance settings are fairly close in degrees Kelvin...they are basically, interchangeable for most purposes. I think most peoples' personal white balance preferences are farther apart than the diff between Flash and Daylight WB on both Nikon and Canon bodies.

You should use the auto setting.
and shoot raw.
I already shoot raw, but stopped using the auto WB setting cause it seemed to guess wrong usually IMO.

Sunlight and flash white balance settings are fairly close in degrees Kelvin...they are basically, interchangeable for most purposes. I think most peoples' personal white balance preferences are farther apart than the diff between Flash and Daylight WB on both Nikon and Canon bodies.

If you were shooting those conditions, what would you use ?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

I would use flash WB myself. I often shoot at Flash WB.

In Lr the difference between flash and daylight is a matter of +10 on the tint scale (towards magenta). On my camera I can't even tell a difference. I normally just leave it in Daylight and shoot raw however. ;)

Most reactions

Back