Who Decides This?

robdavis305

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw a posting for the Brad Paisley concert here in Knoxville Tn. It says still Photography is permitted then ( no proffesional lenses allowed) sorry about spelling. I was just curious if there was a list of lenses or that it was a persons prefrence.

I am pretty sure that only means P&S cameras, any camera with changeable lenses will not be allowed.

I agree with Tulsa but some of the higher end p&s cameras can create the same effect.

I was at a UNC Tarheels game in the early season (please, no jokes or snide comments.... I'm not a fair weather fan) and their website stated no lens over 50mm. Pretty much meant a P&S, I left my gear at home. Make sure you read the mice type on the back of the ticket and the venue's website.

Agreed - any SLR type camera is likley to not be allowed - though these days you might get away with a film SLR (since you know - film is not "as professinal anymore" ;)) but I would not bet on it (esp if you turned up with pro end glass on the end).

The reasons are mostly because at such events professional photographers and news/reporting companies will pay big money for the rights to shoot the event officially - so the event organisers have to defend that aspect of their income whilst also allowing the average person to come and enjoy.
Also its impossible to train doorstaff in all the ins and outs of photography so a simple "No SLRs" is an easy thing that can be used - even though some point and shoots (bridge cameras) can do very well in such conditions.

I asked a usher at an OSU game I went to about this... he said the "no detachable lens rule" is more to keep the guy with the 9 ft tele lens out of the stands. My DSLR is a Nikon D40, and my PS is a Sony DSC H-5... even to a somewhat trained eye, it is very difficult to tell the difference between these two- more so when I have my 50mm prime lens attached.

Going to a game or concert, I would be more worried about damage to my DSLR and bring my PS simply for that reason. Also, I goto games and concerts to enjoy them, not take pictures.

p!nK

Most reactions

Back