who has heard of/used horseman cameras?

vonnagy said:
in reality i want to get my hands dirty with the darkroom with this though.. but I know its going to quite a big undertaking for newbie in a darkroom with large format.

You can do it. I do think that it's pretty important for a BW LF shooter to have some love for the dark. Just start with the simple concepts and move on to the more complicated ones later. You'll probably find that the big difference is in the taking of the photograph. In the darkroom there's really not much diff between printing from a 35mm neg or a 4x5in neg as long as you have the right enlarger. I think it's easier to print from a 4x5.

On the other hand, I have a buddy who shoots 4x5 E6, mostly Velvia and Provia. He sends them off for processing, and either makes his own inkjet prints at home from high res scans or sends them out for Ilfochrome prints. Very expensive, but I'm not sure if there is a more beautiful thing than a well exposed Velvia 4x5. An 8x10 would be stunning.

Vonnagy, I'm jealous!... Why can't I have a dad that would be willing to give me some nice equipment??

yeah, he's had them for ages, i am quite excited about it, feel quite fortunate. He loves his digital camera now, i don't think he was ever the darkroom junkie. The only prob is that i am going to be made redundant soon, and i have to find a new job to support my photography habit. :cry:

Thanks matt for your info! i feel like its going to be ages before i get my darkroom set up, but in the meantime i'll keep doing the research.

You sure you don't wanna give me that Mamiya?

*hands on hip with head tilted* what part of 'no' do you not understand? :twisted:

Most reactions

Back