Who is (currently) your favourite photographer?

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious... I am now really into Henri Cartier-Bresson at the moment. He was amazing photographer who has lived an amazing life (well he's still alive, just not taking photos anymore!).

this photo absolutely floors me for all its subtleness:
cbgsl.jpg

So who's your favourite at the moment?

Yep Dew and Matt, i've checked out Arbus's work - I didn't realise she did the boy with toy hand grenade - that shot has always creeped me out a bit!

Since my artistic sensibilities are minimal and it's mainly the photographic content that appeals to me there can only be Ansel Adams.

Diane Arbus :D

i like her offbeat sense of style .. she didnt want to "conform" and did her own thing .. i like that

also, i think many photographers frown upon photographers that are different and do their thing "untraditionally" ... i feel like i have to defend my work sometimes or explain why something is the way it is in a photo .. it should just be without explaination ... i think people are afraid of that

so, if u see my pictures that may be "untraditonal" live with it :lol: ... because i wont change a dang thing :wink:

thats strange...im trying to think of one and its not coming to me...i guess i draw inspiration in a different way.

md

although...www.urbansnitch.com is my current favorite. :oops:

md

Ansel Adams, Minor White, Diane Arbus, Andre Kertesz, Jerry Uelsmann...

I can't ever decide! It depends what I'm in the mood for, landscape, abstract, portraits, BW or color...

:D

Jerry Uelsmann is giving a lecture at the art musem this month. Might be tomorrow! I know it was a Thursday... Damn I need to check, where did my flier go...

I don't know who my favorite is right now... I don't look at enough photographs... :| and even if I do, I don't usually remember the names... :?

Right now I find myself drawing less inspiration from photographers, and more ideas, energy, and inspiration from painters.

Gustav Klimt for portraits, and Jackson Pollack for landscapes. Now that I think about it, some of Elliot Porter's landscapes look sort of Pollack.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back