Who says mobile phones are not digital still camera's?

If you want to take artsy camera phone shots such as you would enter into a competition, an oceanscape is not the way to go. This is very traditional territory that a DSLR will win at every time.

I would suggest instead that you sit back and think about what makes a cell phone camera unique and play to its personality and strengths more. Like for instance, some sort of photograph that could only possibly be taken with an extremely narrow cell phone shaped body to wedge in someplace, or attach it to some balloons, or I don't know, something like that.

take a look at the Samsung galaxy s4 camera.

lol that's great, OP!
They're not without their limitations, but they can take some pretty good quality photos...cell phones have come a long way!
I wonder what the underlying reason is for rejecting the use of a mobile phone.

20120922_073348_Copy_.jpg

The above was taken with a Samsung GT-i9100 Galaxy S2 mobile phone using a Back-lit CMOS sensor at 8.0MP. I asked the Nikon Photo competition if they would allow it. And they just said "NO!"... I submitted it anyway :lol:

Digital Photography has proven to be an AWESOME advancement!! Your mobile phone takes INCREDIBLE snapshots at 8MP. But the Samsung GT Galaxy S2 - despite its many designations - is a PHONE with a bunch of nice attachments. I look at my family photo album at photos taken in my childhood. These are precious... BUT the great majority are "fuzzy" black & white SNAPSHOTS. Even my high school senior portrait is not all that sharp. So when you compare your cell phone digitals to the old Kodak Brownie snapshots, they are AMAZING!!

A PROFESSIONAL grade DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera, with several interchangable lens and flash attachments my cost $8,000.00. Why would ANYONE pay that kind of money for a camera that you can't even put in your pocket or in a holster on your hip?? There IS a reason: they take higher quality photographs WHEN USED WITH THE PROFESSIONAL'S KNOWLEDGE/EXPRIENCE. High MP numbers on a cell phone are USELESS without a lens that can provide the necessary detail. I seriously doubt that the 1/8" lens on my cell phone is all that good. BUT IT TAKES EXCELLENT SNAPSHOTS.

For taking SNAPSHOTS of clouds at the beach, all you need is your cell phone. If you are a professional taking photos of a wedding party on the beach, you are NOT going to use a cell phone. A SMARTCAR will get you from point A to point B. So will a Cadillac Escalade. Which would you rather have to get to Point B. When I want to take photos of my family gatherings at Thanksgiving and Christmas, I go get my tripod and Canon SX50 HS. A pretty good "point and shoot", with some sophisticated features. And, BTW, it has a 50X zoom lens (200X with digital zoom). Can't do that with my cell phone camera.

Most reactions

Back