Who wants to add car photos to their portfolio? (San Diego)

SlyBoxster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!

I am looking for a photographer (or wanna-be) that wants to build up his portfolio and help me out at the same time. I have a black Porsche Boxster (see below) that I want to sell and I thought that someone would like to shoot it for his portfolio and at the same time I would get nice pictures for free to help selling the car. I'd like overall pics of the car (front, back, side, 3/4, etc) and some close up shots of interior, accessories, wheels, buttons, etc...I think less than an hour would be enough and it could be just before sunset for a nice lighting.

I don't have a specific location for the shoot, could be industrial or ocean sunset with palms, desert, mountains, etc... Has to be around San Diego (I'm in Scripps Ranch).

Reply to this post and give me some background about yourself and I will get back to you. Please do not contact me if you want to charge me for the shoot or if you want to add any condition (free if I buy prints, etc.). I help you with your portfolio, you help me with car pictures, that's it! ;)

Thanks, looking forward to work with you!

Sly
$techart-987-boxster.jpg

If I was in the area I would take you up on that. I'm a fan of porches.

who would want to shoot a cheapy Boxster

Thanks for your constructive opinion, I guess you'd need a Lamborghini or Ferrari to have someone to like your photos... A good photographer can make great photos out of a scooter.

I'm travelling to San Diego in december... if you still need it done by that point (which you probably wont) re-post in this thread and I can definitely swing it.

Thanks for your constructive opinion, I guess you'd need a Lamborghini or Ferrari to have someone to like your photos... A GOOD photographer can make great photos out of a scooter.

I would say that if you are looking for a "FREE" photographer... you won't get a GOOD one! :) Car like that, and you aren't willing to spend a few bucks to show it at it's best?

I'm travelling to San Diego in december... if you still need it done by that point (which you probably wont) re-post in this thread and I can definitely swing it.

Unfortunately, car must be sold by November (wife is pregnant...) Thanks though!

Thanks for your constructive opinion, I guess you'd need a Lamborghini or Ferrari to have someone to like your photos... A GOOD photographer can make great photos out of a scooter.

I would say that if you are looking for a "FREE" photographer... you won't get a GOOD one! :) Car like that, and you aren't willing to spend a few bucks to show it at it's best?

You're right, but I don't need magazine cover quality pictures, just some nice shots. It will always be better than what used car dealerships use on their websites...:lol:

You're right, but I don't need magazine cover quality pictures, just some nice shots. It will always be better than what used car dealerships use on their websites...:lol:

You are an optimist! I have seen what "free" photographers can do.. and it is not better! If you are serious about asking for this... then you should qualify it by asking to see some work by "free photographer" before committing to it. You may not like what you see!

Also... advertise this deal on Facebook and Craigslist.... you will probably get more hits from the "Free Photographer" types....

You are an optimist! I have seen what "free" photographers can do.. and it is not better! If you are serious about asking for this... then you should qualify it by asking to see some work by "free photographer" before committing to it. You may not like what you see!

Also... advertise this deal on Facebook and Craigslist.... you will probably get more hits from the "Free Photographer" types....

Yeah, I know, that's why I asked for background and will definitely ask for past work before saying yes. I posted on CL today too. Will see what come up. I can always shoot the car myself... I know the photos would not be great (artistically/technically speaking) to a trained eyes like you guys but to an average Joe that is shopping for a car, that would be enough...

Most reactions

Back