Who wants to learn about lighting?

Interested!

I actually NEED this edumacaton, my light stand and umbrella are feeling neglected :lol:

Fixed the original post. Just something to diffuse light with. Most other modifiers can be created on your own and should cost very little. Like making a snoot out of a cereal box or a gobo from index cards and gaffers tape (for those with smaller speed lights.

It's more difficult for people using mono lights and pack and head systems, but I'm sure there'll be a way to figure it out.

Bi-weekly assignments. Nothing to strenuous or demanding, but something that enough though will have to be put into to see the concepts that are being applied so that you understand why you're getting the results you're getting and so that if you're currently doing guess work, you won't have to in the future.

Anyone is welcome, sign-up isn't needed. Participate if you want or just watch if that's what pleases you. There's no limit on people or whatever. I'll just post assignment threads and people that want to participate can post their results in the threads. I have an idea for the first assignment so I'm going to work on that this weekend and post it up on Monday.

I have all the equipment and would love to dive into something like this! I assume that most or perhaps all of these assignments will be indoor shots? Its cold, wet and snowy/rainny here this time of year....LOL

I can't wait until Monday!! Assignment #1 here I come!

Cheers for this!!
- Dan

Maybe create a group for the assignments, that way it would be easier to follow being able to 'subscribe'.

Most reactions

Back