Whoa, look at Apple's stock...

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At last check, Apple's stock was down 17.85% today! It was over $200/share just a month ago, and now it's down to $128. I might keep an eye on this and invest every cent I have into Apple...

What goes up...must come down.

And when we're talking about Apple...what goes down, will come up...you see where I'm comin' from? This time of year is always when their stock goes down, and it skyrockets September-December. So, I am gonna keep an eye on the stocks and when they seem to be at their lowest (guesswork), I'll jump in and hold the stocks until the Fall and see where I stand.

Maybe a good idea.

The problem is that it probably won't go up again, like it did...unless they exceed expectations....and with their recent successes...the expectations will be high.

Hey, if it was easy...we would all be rich.

I just got a statement for last year's RRSPs and it wasn't nearly as good I would have liked :(

Don't invest anything you don't have...or that you need. My parents have been screwed on stocks before.
10k into Bre-x much?

Thing is...if my dad sold when he wanted, we'd be millionaires. Problem was the guy who was also in with us...told us he didn't want out and to just wait a bit longer...ahaha. we lost everything we put into it.

Don't invest anything you don't have...or that you need. My parents have been screwed on stocks before.
10k into Bre-x much?

Thing is...if my dad sold when he wanted, we'd be millionaires. Problem was the guy who was also in with us...told us he didn't want out and to just wait a bit longer...ahaha. we lost everything we put into it.

Ouch. That sucks. And that happens, to a lot of people, lose everything they've got.

I just figure, whilst I'm young and free of bills to pay, I should try and make some money, see how it goes.

Bre-X is quite a different story. It was a total scam. The stock rose through the roof from reports of a massive gold find by the mining company in Indonesia, which turned out to be a totally fraudulent claim. If you had to of sold when it was way up there, you would only be spending the money of many many more who were scammed and ripped off. However I'm not happy that your family was duped either.

put your money in commodities

Buy land, they aren't making any more of it.

My wife and I have been buying land surrounding Tucson and Phoenix for 10 years now.

You don't even want to know what it's worth now.

errrmm.. you should look at the whole market situation at the moment. this is not an apple up and down cycle.

it could stabilise now, or it could fall a lot more, depending on how the whole market develops now. but i would not expect it to go back up to 200 within the next couple of months and stay there.

have a look at vmware though. they are quite stable in these times of trouble, and that is a good sign. WARNING: I do not advise anyone to buy anything! You buy at your own risk, do not blame me in the end.

well, when we bought it an acre was selling off for less than 800$

It had no water, or road access.

Apparently that doesn't matter anymore.

It's selling for a lot more now.

A developer around cave creek offered us 370k for 3 acres.

we didn't sell. it's our retirement.

Buy land, they aren't making any more of it.

My wife and I have been buying land surrounding Tucson and Phoenix for 10 years now.

You don't even want to know what it's worth now.

well, when we bought it an acre was selling off for less than 800$

It had no water, or road access.

Apparently that doesn't matter anymore.

It's selling for a lot more now.

A developer around cave creek offered us 370k for 3 acres.

we didn't sell. it's our retirement.

Holy ****!

That's what I call a profit HAHA.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back