Whoever owns an ASUS PA248Q monitor; I need you help!

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have had my Asus PA248Q monitor for quite some time now. I would like to say for about half a year now. I realized that my monitor came with 4 USB3.0 Ports which I never utilized. Until now... Instead of plugging my card reader into my desktop's USB3.0 port, I tried using my monitor's USB3 ports. And nothing!

I restarted my computer. I even tried using USB2, since the ports are backwards compatible, and still nothing.

However, I did notice that when I plugged my card reader into my monitor's USB3 port, the power light did go on. It's just, nothing popped up, as opposed to when I plugged my card reader into my desktops USB3 port.

Another note, when I try to access my card reader via my monitor, it doesn't make the tradition 'plugged in/out' sound but only when I plug my card reader into my desktop's USB3 port.

Is there some sort of switch I need to turn on? Some information on those who already own this monitor would be grateful. I really don't want to send this one out for a replacement.

I feel like my monitor's 4 USB3 ports are giving out juice but just not connecting anything.

*Edit
Tried connecting several flash drives and nothing.

Last edited:
Make sure you have connected your monitor's USB3.0 cable (located on rear panel of monitor) to your computer's USB3.0 input; at that point the 4 USB ports on the side of your monitor act as extra inputs, like a simple bus connection. No special cable is required other that the one that was supplied with the monitor.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®IV using Tapatalk

Per the ASUS user manual for that monitor, page 2.3, the USB cable supplied with the monitor needs to be plugged into the back of the monitor with the other end to a USB3 port on the rear of your computer.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/ASUS_PA248_UserGuide_English.pdf

Of special note is that not all USB ports on your computer are USB3...at least, I'm not aware of any that are all USB3. For computers and motherboards 4-5 years old and newer usually provide a mix of USB2 and USB3. So, double check your computer manual to determine which USB connectors are USB3. Having several USB3 thumb drives, the difference in transfer speed both ways is noticeably faster with USB3.

^ What they said. USB does not carry over the hdmi/ display port, so you'll have to connect one main usb to your computer.

I have the same monitor and only had the 4 usb ports working briefly then I had a system error caused by the USB driver.. I gave up. If you figure out a way to make them work reliably I would love to know

Most reactions

Back