who's steeling YOUR photos?

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I know there's quite a few people on here use DA...

If you search your DeviantArt user name on www.Photobucket.com you might be surprised to see how many people have nicked your images and uploaded them onto photobucket, probably so they can use them on other websites.

Personally i'm not too bothered by people pinching my photos in this way, but if you;re nosey like me, you might want to try it out of interest.

I found three of my photos on other peoples accounts here

care to share yours?

[mods] if this is more appropriate in another forum, please move

Haha, dang. I dont have a DA account, but I do post my stuff on myspace and some of my other forums...I only put my initials at the bottom of my work, so I'm sure people could edit that out if they really wanted. >.<

I have a simple solution. Be crap like me and no-one will steal any. :)

I am going to be perfectly blunt with you ferny....that don't work.

You would be amazed to see some of the seriously crappy drawings that gewt stolen from DA.

Infact look at my DA account, read and follow the instructions in the journal if you like. [LINK]

To be honest JohnMF, finding your images on Photobucket does not necessarily mean theft as copyright is not properly enforced, most times you will find that these are uploaded to say "look at this cool picture I found on Google" and the like. But it would be interesting to know they are there.

On FAC and PL we do not accept PB as a valid source of authentic imagery when researching Copy Vios.

As I susppected, I found none on my DA name, however most of my stuff likely won't show under simple queries

I did not find any of my photos, but I did find some photos of some distain cousin, like 10 plus times removed and maybe the one from Kansas

To be honest JohnMF, finding your images on Photobucket does not necessarily mean theft as copyright is not properly enforced, most times you will find that these are uploaded to say "look at this cool picture I found on Google" and the like. But it would be interesting to know they are there.

yeah, like i said i'm not too bothered about copywrite and stuff, they're only low res images, they can have them... i'm just a bit curious really

Most reactions

New Topics

Back