Whovians check in.

Yikes one and done for both Jodie and Chris.
For fans of Doctor Who season 11, we’ve got some unfortunate news. Despite the latest run being well received by both critics and viewers (for the most part), and Jodie Whittaker doing an excellent job in the titular role, it seems things will soon be changing as a new star and creative team will take over in 2019.

Starburst Magazine is reporting that a source at the BBC has told them that showrunner Chris Chibnall isn’t happy with how things are being run behind the scenes and is looking to quit Doctor Who after season 12. If that happens, then apparently Whittaker will walk out the door with him, as she doesn’t want to continue on if he leaves.

Jodie Whittaker And Chris Chibnall Rumored To Leave Doctor Who In 2019

Yikes one and done for both Jodie and Chris.
For fans of Doctor Who season 11, we’ve got some unfortunate news. Despite the latest run being well received by both critics and viewers (for the most part), and Jodie Whittaker doing an excellent job in the titular role, it seems things will soon be changing as a new star and creative team will take over in 2019.

Starburst Magazine is reporting that a source at the BBC has told them that showrunner Chris Chibnall isn’t happy with how things are being run behind the scenes and is looking to quit Doctor Who after season 12. If that happens, then apparently Whittaker will walk out the door with him, as she doesn’t want to continue on if he leaves.

Jodie Whittaker And Chris Chibnall Rumored To Leave Doctor Who In 2019
That's really sad to hear. :(

There have been several people associated with the show to say this going back to the reboot, but never any specifics about what it is behind the scenes. It makes me wonder what is this thing that persists for decades?

Latest episode. Better, but not great.

IMO, this should have been a two-parter. I was a bit miffed when the Doctor was like, "what is this place? Oh yeah, I remember a story from a long time ago from my fifth grandmother. She told me about a Solitract that was a conscious universe. It must be the Solitract!"

What? How did that come about so quickly? Spend some time listening to the people, maybe use her sonic screwdriver, etc. It would have been nice had that storyline been developed much more at a slower pace. Maybe they will develop it more in a later episode or next season; I hope so. I've kinda been expecting a two-parter, so this would have been perfect. Oh well.

Part of the reason I watch Doctor Who is for escapism. The overarching theme this season is human nature--every villain is the embodiment of human nature and the crap that's going on in today's world. I'm not a fan of that. If they want to intermingle it into the show, fine, like they did with the Ood. But, There's enough crap going on that we see on a daily basis in the news, and I don't want to watch a show that puts all that crap in front of my face again in Earthly form.

I want the show of yore with Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor.

This is what is difficult for me. Doctor Who has always reflected societal issues. Being in America it is difficult to know if the arrests happening for racist speech in the UK are a response to a real problem or political overreach and base pandering? Even if there is a problem, in the past the producers did not write that into every single episode.

We have our own inequality issues playing out in the US, but that does not need to be woven into every entertainment show. Unfortunately it is not confined to Doctor Who, some shows have become not very entertaining because of a preachy agenda put into every episode.

I have been really enjoying The Last Kingdom series. I will stay with Doctor Who because I have been a fan for so long, but the writing in this season is trying my patience.

Eh... not to the extent of this season, where the majority of episodes takes place on Earth. What good is a TARDIS if it only goes to Earth? It should just be a time machine.

(Please recognize this as being somewhat tongue in cheek.)

I just finished the witch episode. That is really what I expect from the show.

That was an odd show. Well thought out, but odd.

Jodie said she is definitely coming back.

Glad to hear that Jodie is coming back. I love her as the Doctor!

The last episode seemed much more "Doctor Who" than previous episodes. Alien wants to take over the universe with a powerful weapon, Earth may possibly be destroyed, Doctor helps fix it. Check check check.

Most reactions

Back