Why are photographers treated with distrust?

^terrorist

i'm not kidding folks...... he doesn't rewire his cactus triggers for photography...

kaboom

Jerry, you have just inspired one of America's youth to do something that will inevitably piss someone off.

I'm gonna make me a shirt just like that.

God bless you for your eye opening wisdom, lol.

Let's not jump over the railing... don't do things that will get you in trouble, irrespective of what I do! :confused: :lmao:

I'm going to make a shirt exactly like that. I mean exactly. That way, even if they think I'm still a terrorist, they'll go hunting after Jerry.

People are wary of photographers because we are stealing their souls.

I shoot with this old view camera, but have my digital SLR with me as well. Everyone is curious about big, old fashioned cameras and they don't even notice that I am really shooting with both cameras.

rhsview7.jpg

This is not that big of a deal where I live because about half the population in my area owns a d40,d50,d60 or the cannon equivilents. I went to the local pumpkin patch fall thing in the area there was about 2000 people and I swear there atleast 1000 dslr there.

It's funny that we live in a time when images are a part of everyday life.

TV, movies, magazines, newspapers, photographs . . .

Yet at the same time, don't people know that the pictures have to come from SOMEWHERE?

My suggestion if you're being bugged while taking pictures in public, is to get some business cards printed up, and if anyone bothers you. Pretend like they're a potential client and give them your card and say that if they ever need family portraits or some fine art photography for their walls to contact you.

People are worried about pervs. But if you act and treat others professionally, I don't think many will bother you.

I like that aproach. If you go out thinking that eople will think you're a erv, then that is the type of vibe you'll give off. Your bosy language will reflect what you're thinking. Think perv, walk like perv. Think professional, walk like one.

I had considered wearing a suit and tie to some places, just to come accross as professional.

I love the business card idea too.

Nice shirt and LOL to making one to get Jerry busted.

I can think of a whole cottage industry popping up around this... Jerry shirts, Jerry masks, Jerry business cards, Jerry boxer shorts (hey, you never know when you're going to need to blame something on Jerry!)

:lol:

...what?!?

:lol:

I visit a few other forums and often I hear about how photographers are harassed and treated like terrorists instead of human beings with a camera... like photographers should be treated as!

Well, this is my way to make a little bit of a stand and protest this issue. At the same time, I will be attending my first Montreal strobist get-together this weekend and I thought it would be good for a few chuckles at the meet.

So, what are your opinions about it:

The T-shirt:
t_shirt1a.jpg

Up close:
t_shirt1b.jpg

Now I have to go and create that website next week... as it currently doesn't exist! :lol:

lol that's kinda funny because I have been seriously debating on hi-viz vests for the last month or so......

I also plan setting up my hunting blind in the middle of the city a few times....but that dosen't count as I plan on using that where there are no people....

Sanctuary mach for zis, er... fantabluer ideas from Yerry...
Aha..!! Vis dis vunderbar T-shrit ve can enfiltraten even zer mosten secur placens vith ouren spy-Canoners und der dumkopf politzie vill thinking zat ve iz yust fotografik touristen... HaHaHa...
Nick Nick Yerry... Sanctu - Sanctuary mach...
BOOOOM...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back