Why ask for CC?

i stopped reading cause its like he copying it from a book.

cause if you read all his posts he does repeat himself

:heart::heart:

Getting a correct exposure in camera? In Camera? Come on, everybody knows you don't have to do that anymore :er:.

That's exactly why I don't post many images here. I'm still learning how to do just that. The way I see it is if I wouldn't print it for myself then there is no need to ask for CC to begin with.

Try posting in the Technical Assistance section of the critique forum if you have problems regarding exposure in-camera. There's less room there for blanket statements.

As for CC elsewhere, unless you're familiar with a particular person whose work you're critiquing, you can never be sure how they're going to react. So let's all err on the side of caution and give them a big fat ****ing hug while we dance around the fact that the image is lacking in substance, shows very poor technical execution, or both. Screw that. Go join a Care Bears forum if that's your M.O. I get pissed off because most of the bad work posted here, even some in the professional forum, makes very clear that the photographer literally has very little understanding of what they're doing. I've said it a thousand times before...how dare you not invest any time and energy into learning your art/craft and then get offended about your own ignorance manifesting itself as a failed photograph? People who seem to have an idea of what they're doing, I tend to handle on a case-by-case basis.

And half of you who aren't noobs are part and ****ing parcel to their corruption. Stop recommending band-aid solutions in photoshop. My head tries to explode every time I see someone recommend that a crop be done in PP instead of in-camera, or that adjustment layers be used to compensate for bad exposure.

What he said may be stiff but he is spot on, lack of understanding of the history of photography down to the technical is the bane along with just plain carelessness. There was a recent post by a THIRD YEAR PHOTOGRAPHY student who had no idea how to control contrast or develop for the particular affect they were looking for. What the hell is being taught these days in college other than everything you do is perfect even if it sucks and how to crap happy puppys out yer ass.

Personally, I don't participate in online CC's, you need to have the actual work in hand and have a good amount of time to make comments that are useful. Even when I am shown work by others, unless you have been a student of mine or I have known your work for a while, I rarely comment other than a sincere thank you. CC's are done by teachers and curators.

well we all know there is trying to be truthful with a good explination and attepting to sound truthful and being a jerk about it. Max knows his past with the forum and should know now when to stop and when to start becoming constructive. This can go either way at any given time... so i'd recomend that people do not try and emulate this kind of attitude unless they want to walk the fine line of being wanted on a forum and being banned.

We love all our members untill they act like a jerk :heart:.... :mrgreen:

the fact that max is still here must mean 'anything goes'

ive seen him in action and he would of been banned on other sites

well we all know there is trying to be truthful with a good explination and attepting to sound truthful and being a jerk about it. Max knows his past with the forum and should know now when to stop and when to start becoming constructive. This can go either way at any given time... so i'd recomend that people do not try and emulate this kind of attitude unless they want to walk the fine line of being wanted on a forum and being banned.

There are not many who can walk that fine line, It's not really a smart move to attempt to emulate untill you have been around for a wile and have a good Idea of the people around you.

Oh, Archangel...jerk is such a subjective term :hugs: . For the record, I've only been banned once and that was for accusing a mod of giving an unhelpful critique. I'm equal-opportunity! "Attitude" and constructive are not mutually exclusive.

so far this is the criticism NOT CRITIQUE that i have gotten so far:

Allsmiles: these are cheesy and not at all professional

The Phototron:it's just that they're not well done

Emogirl:personally,i think you are trying to be something you are not

there is some critique that could've been stated a bit nicer here and there but it is not critique when people say these things to you when you are just starting out and learning

max were you banned from this site and let back in again or was it another site?

so far this is the criticism NOT CRITIQUE that i have gotten so far:

Allsmiles: these are cheesy and not at all professional

The Phototron:it's just that they're not well done

Emogirl:personally,i think you are trying to be something you are not

there is some critique that could've been stated a bit nicer here and there but it is not critique when people say these things to you when you are just starting out and learning

Were you paid for the photos in those two threads?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back