Why can't I post attachments to thread?

Bob32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going to start my first thread on this forum with photos attached, but when I attempted to do so I couldn’t find a way to attach the photos. Then I noticed this statement at the bottom of the page: “You may not post attachments.” Why not? I would appreciate somebody giving me a clue as to what is going on here.

Bob

It's not that its broken, but that its disabled. However, as the linked thread shows, you can use the site gallery if you want or you can use one of several 3rd party image hosts

Kerbouchard,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have photos on a third party hosting website, so I opted to upload my photos directly to this forum's own gallery

Per the information provided I clicked on Photo Gallery. I couldn't find "My Albums" link, so I clicked on "My Photos" instead. Then I couldn't find "Create new Album" link. At this point I am stuck and need further details on how to proceed through this obstacle course. I'm an optimist and presume that I will find this exercise to be worth it when all is said and done!

Bob

If you open up your gallery, you will see a link at the bottom to the image. Copy and paste that into your message when you want to post a photo.

Why can't a create a new thread?

At the top of the page, there is a Forum button. Click it. Then pick a forum where you want to start your new thread. Click on it.

At the top and left of that page, you will see a button for Post New Thread.

The buttons are all red.

If you open up your gallery, you will see a link at the bottom to the image. Copy and paste that into your message when you want to post a photo.
Kerbouchard,

OK, I have uploaded six images from my computer into my gallery. Now I wish to generate a new thread to include a message plus these six photos. I'm still not clear on how I am supposed to get the images from my gallery to the Post New Thread section after I have posted my message there. When I right click on one of the thumbnails in my gallery I get a menu with a long menu of 14 options (7 menu options if I click on file name below thumbnail). Do I have to go back and forth six times between the gallery and the Post New Thread section? Can I move all six at one time? Please don't spare the details on how to do this! Your system is more complicated than other forums where I have posted threads with photos loaded directly from my computer without having to go through the intervening process of installing them in a gallery.

Bob

Kerbouchard,

OK, I have uploaded six images from my computer into my gallery. Now I wish to generate a new thread to include a message plus these six photos. I'm still not clear on how I am supposed to get the images from my gallery to the Post New Thread section after I have posted my message there. When I right click on one of the thumbnails in my gallery I get a menu with a long menu of 14 options (7 menu options if I click on file name below thumbnail). Do I have to go back and forth six times between the gallery and the Post New Thread section? Can I move all six at one time? Please don't spare the details on how to do this! Your system is more complicated than other forums where I have posted threads with photos loaded directly from my computer without having to go through the intervening process of installing them in a gallery.

Bob

Well, it's not my system, and I agree it is more complicated.

Basically, for six images, you really need to have two tabs open. S

o, in one tab, go to your gallery, click on the first image, and at the bottom of the screen, you will see the link to the image. It will be the one that starts with
Copy it.

In the other tab, start your new thread. Paste the link in it. T

hen in the gallery tab, go to the next image, copy and paste it into the other tab in your new thread...Repeat for the rest of the images.

Sorry, wish it was less complicated and a bit more user friendly. The photo posting procedure here is a lot of the reason I don't post more pictures.

Thank you!!

Why can't a create a new thread?

At the top of the page, there is a Forum button. Click it. Then pick a forum where you want to start your new thread. Click on it.

At the top and left of that page, you will see a button for Post New Thread.

Thank you. I have been looking all around for "how to post". Thanks again!

The buttons are all red.

Kerbouchard,

Bob

Well, it's not my system, and I agree it is more complicated.

Basically, for six images, you really need to have two tabs open. S

o, in one tab, go to your gallery, click on the first image, and at the bottom of the screen, you will see the link to the image. It will be the one that starts with
Copy it.

In the other tab, start your new thread. Paste the link in it. T

hen in the gallery tab, go to the next image, copy and paste it into the other tab in your new thread...Repeat for the rest of the images.

Sorry, wish it was less complicated and a bit more user friendly. The photo posting procedure here is a lot of the reason I don't post more pictures.

Kerbouchard,

I did it! I did it! It was an unbelievable hassle, but I finally managed to post my thread with its six photos. The jury is still out on whether I want to go through this complicated, cumbersome, and tedious process again any time soon. I can now fully understand why you don't post more photos!

Thanks for your help in steering me through the obstacle course! Please convey to management the need to institute ASAP a much less complicated process for posting photos.

Bob

Because this forum admin can't figure out how to remove features that don't work.

Think that's bad? Try "searching" for something and getting a SINGLE hit. WTF?

Most reactions

Back