What's new

Why can't Nikon produce large aperture lenses

Petraio Prime said:
If you people would listen more and contradict me less you would learn something. I know more than most of you. If you don't like that, too bad. Learn instead of contradicting.

Hubris, perhaps? Please enlighten us some more.
 
Petraio Prime said:
If you people would listen more and contradict me less you would learn something. I know more than most of you. If you don't like that, too bad. Learn instead of contradicting.

Hubris, perhaps? Please enlighten us some more.

You don't even know what hubris is.
 
Petraio Prime said:
If you people would listen more and contradict me less you would learn something. I know more than most of you. If you don't like that, too bad. Learn instead of contradicting.

Hubris, perhaps? Please enlighten us some more.

How much are you willing to pay?

For you to go away? I'd pay $100 for that.:lol:

Ah, P-P....there are some flies that have wings you need to pull off...make sure you shoot some photos using that beautiful Summicron aspherical normal lens. Then please scan the film at 4800 dpi and post up some 100-125 megabyte scans of your handiwork,and post a dissertation on the Aspherical Summicron's bokeh...can you do that for us?

I am just dying to see what the 50 'Cron can do with you behind the eyepiece ! Waiting with bated breath, I remain,
Sincerely yours,
Derrel
 
Hubris, perhaps? Please enlighten us some more.

How much are you willing to pay?

For you to go away? I'd pay $100 for that.:lol:

Ah, P-P....there are some flies that have wings you need to pull off...make sure you shoot some photos using that beautiful Summicron aspherical normal lens. Then please scan the film at 4800 dpi and post up some 100-125 megabyte scans of your handiwork,and post a dissertation on the Aspherical Summicron's bokeh...can you do that for us?

I am just dying to see what the 50 'Cron can do with you behind the eyepiece ! Waiting with bated breath, I remain,
Sincerely yours,
Derrel

I don't care what you think. Get it? Do you understand? Maye I need to say it in meruhkuhn aingish...

"Gonna trade mah blue ford pickup truck and git me a camera an take weddin pitchers"

The original question has been answered. Now get out before I have you thrown out.
 
Last edited:
Am i the only person who is really bored of Petrio's constant attempts at eliteism ? But then maybe he is right and the talented and skilled user base of this fourm are wrong. Pp do you have any proof of your seemingly amazing photographic skills ? Maybe a couple of shots from when national geographic stole the contents of your recycle bin and published it ?
 
Am i the only person who is really bored of Petrio's constant attempts at eliteism ? But then maybe he is right and the talented and skilled user base of this fourm are wrong. Pp do you have any proof of your seemingly amazing photographic skills ? Maybe a couple of shots from when national geographic stole the contents of your recycle bin and published it ?

I'm tired of it...

He/She/It can be the best photographer in the entire world.. it doesn't matter.
 
Am i the only person who is really bored of Petrio's constant attempts at eliteism ? But then maybe he is right and the talented and skilled user base of this fourm are wrong. Pp do you have any proof of your seemingly amazing photographic skills ? Maybe a couple of shots from when national geographic stole the contents of your recycle bin and published it ?

I'm tired of it...

He/She/It can be the best photographer in the entire world.. it doesn't matter.

I'm not a 'photographer' in the sense you would understand. But I know a lot about photographic materials, processes, and equipment. A lot. When I say something about photographic materials, processes, and equipment, you can trust it's going to be accurate. Otherwise I wouldn't post. I don't know much about digital and don't care to. I did know the answer to the original qustion in this thread, but many of you refused to accept it. This says that the problem lies with you people, not with me.

You also presuppose that only an accomplished pro is going to be knowledgeable. I have known pros who manage to do just fine with only a modest grasp of the technical side of things, to put it politely. When I was in the retail business, lots of people (pros and amateurs) relied upon me to know what was what and advise them on choices of materials and equipment, and to solve problems they encountered.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to operate a camera. This is a good thing, because many pros would not make the grade otherwise. Their business relies on producing and selling photos that people want to buy, not being an encyclopedia of photographic information. But if you have questions on obscure technical points, such as the one in this thread, it's a good bet a lot of pros won't know the answer and I will. If this irks you, too bad.
 
Last edited:
I'm not a 'photographer' in the sense you would understand.

I'm might not understand... (don't want to)

But there is one thing clear in my mind... your awful attitude.



You can be knowledgeable.. fine. You can be the most knowledgeable person here (doubt it). It doesn't matter. There is absolutely no reason for you to talk down to people. You seem to do so with the intent to boost your own ego at the expense of others. There are many people here with a wealth of knowledge and they share/discuss openly without doing so (Referring to Helen and a handful of others).

For one.. Garbz is one of the most calm person here and you managed to end up on his ignore list. Now that's an accomplishment! Congratz


I've said this several times already and doesn't sink into your thick skull...
 
I'm not a 'photographer' in the sense you would understand.

I'm might not understand... (don't want to)

But there is one thing clear in my mind... your awful attitude.



You can be knowledgeable.. fine. You can be the most knowledgeable person here (doubt it). It doesn't matter. There is absolutely no reason for you to talk down to people. You seem to do so with the intent to boost your own ego at the expense of others. There are many people here with a wealth of knowledge and they share/discuss openly without doing so (Referring to Helen and a handful of others).

For one.. Garbz is one of the most calm person here and you managed to end up on his ignore list. Now that's an accomplishment! Congratz


I've said this several times already and doesn't sink into your thick skull...

The pattern seems to be I answer a question correctly, then am ridiculed for no apparent reason, by people who don't know the correct answer but think they do. If I say something, you can bet it's right. If I don't know, I won't post or I'll say I don't know.
 
I have perused Petraio Primes posted pictures and they're as plain as he is petulant, puerile and pedantic.
 
I'm not a 'photographer' in the sense you would understand.

I'm might not understand... (don't want to)

But there is one thing clear in my mind... your awful attitude.



You can be knowledgeable.. fine. You can be the most knowledgeable person here (doubt it). It doesn't matter. There is absolutely no reason for you to talk down to people. You seem to do so with the intent to boost your own ego at the expense of others. There are many people here with a wealth of knowledge and they share/discuss openly without doing so (Referring to Helen and a handful of others).

For one.. Garbz is one of the most calm person here and you managed to end up on his ignore list. Now that's an accomplishment! Congratz


I've said this several times already and doesn't sink into your thick skull...

The next time I answer some obscure point like this thread's original question, assume I am correct, even if:

1) You never heard that before
2) Everyone else has a different idea

It will save a lot of time.
 
haha.. I got responded to by PP twice... I must have hit a nerve.

Ego stroking his own ego..

Again.. get it through your thick skull. Its not who is wrong/right. Its your attitude.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom