Why do some sticker bomb their lens hoods?

You cant talk with everyone but usually most people notice a guy walking around with a camera and a 500mm lens
Tell me about it. Can't walk on the waterfront without it being a social event. lol

Yeah.. recently went to the zoo and all I took was my D500 and 70-200. Some people made conversation about it.. the rest walked by and rolled their eyes and said things like "I'll bet that guys camera costs more than my car," or "man I bet that thing takes great photos! I wish I had one so I could take photos like you!"

People are ridiculous. Frankly I find it annoying.

You cant talk with everyone but usually most people notice a guy walking around with a camera and a 500mm lens
Tell me about it. Can't walk on the waterfront without it being a social event. lol

Yeah.. recently went to the zoo and all I took was my D500 and 70-200. Some people made conversation about it.. the rest walked by and rolled their eyes and said things like "I'll bet that guys camera costs more than my car," or "man I bet that thing takes great photos! I wish I had one so I could take photos like you!"

People are ridiculous. Frankly I find it annoying.

Ha ha then you definitely don't want to have a 500mm because people have to walk around you to get by.

I dont really get the "grab another persons lens" comment but maybe thats because I always keep all my lenses on me.

I dont really get the "grab another persons lens" comment but maybe thats because I always keep all my lenses on me.

It's common practice at large sporting events to leave equipment in the media room at times. With everyone there carrying basically the same equipment it would be easy to accidentally take someone else's... granted this is really only for working pros, but even at local high school games my stuff gets set down next to other photographers stuff from time to time.

On a Division 1 or NFL sideline there are a plethora of photographers. Usually close together, usually with two bodies. The most common theme is one body with a 300 or 400mm on it while the second body has a 70-200. Something in the 24-70 range is usually tucked away for pregame, halftime and postgame.

When you are shooting from the endzone area and the offense is facing you at the 10 yard line or so that big lens on a monopod is useless unless you like booger in the nose shots. That lens gets laid on the turf and the 70-200 comes into play. Some people lay there big glass down to their left, some to their right. Everyone wants quick, easy identification.

Most reactions

Back