Why do we photograph?

I photograph simply because I love it and I help others with some of my work. When I help other with it is when I am doing an event or call for the FD that can be used for a variety of purposes including showing what they do to help the public by having the photos on display during the fair and at the dept open house every year. I have already had people ask where they can get copies of some of my work and now I have a person at the local park (which I have family history tied to) has told me I should publish some of them as people are always looking for photos from there and I have some.

When I'm alone, I look at the photos I've taken and am no longer lonely. When I have my family and friends around me, we look at the photos we've taken and share the moments.

Often, the ordinary becomes extraordinary once captured on celluloid (or a chip very often nowadays). An old, run-down house is just that until it is on film - then the details are lain bare and the stories behind the decay start to reveal themselves to the inner vision.

Photography is a portal through which we are transported to other worlds.

Like most people I got a camera to document events or experiences, but after traveling to other countries I was amazed at some scenes and wanted to transmit those feelings, however that wasn't as easy as I thought, so learning about photogrphy has helped a lot.

Stress reliver from physics.

It's the only thing I'm good at.
This is not a sarcastic post.

I do it because I like to challenge myself. And I enjoy making beautiful photos. It gets me to see things in ways that others don't so have a whole different perspective on the world. And because it is relaxing for me. It is my time, my moment, my place.

Most reactions

Back