Why does this site not have an SSL/TLS Cert for HTTPS?

Well no, since yesterday this website has become noticeable slower and what is even more annoying, is the fact that suddenly an extension like "EXIF Quick View" - which I use in Opera - does not work anymore.
Indeed, it makes a difference as you say, but not in a positive way ...

It appears Opera does not support HTTP/2 -- it should fall back to HTTP 1.1 but it would be noticeably slower. They need to get on that. Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

Since we upgraded to SSL we also enabled HTTP/2 and some extra image caching. The HTTP/2 protocol is much faster than HTTP 1.1 so I think it's made quite a difference.
Ah. Ok. My comments were predicated on the only change being SSL encryption. I can see how the change to HTTP/2 and increased image caching would provide for a performance increase.

Something's b0rk3d. In this post: First Sandhill's, the photo I posted shows-up in edit, but disappears when I post. Shows up again in edit, disappears again when I post.

I have a slow (often less than 1 Mbps) internet connection and the site seems to be running faster - faster loads of each page. Using Safari on a MBP.

I am not noticing any significant performance changes. There are so many performance issues between your servers and my computers that such changes would take very serious testing to quantify. I am glad that security has increased though. The issue was on the back of my mind ever since I joined, but I have been too busy to writing anything. Much thanks for that!

You may have noticed that as of a couple of days ago the site is now https only.

By the way, I don't think I ever said thanks for changing this. So, thanks! Better a year late than never I guess. :)

Most reactions

Back