why i havent...

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...been on lately. Been pretty busy. Lots of learning to do, its a home study. Really have to push myself a bit to get the books and learn. Only 3 more exams for this one. Then another year and i will be a veterinarian assistent (for the small animals....you know, cats and dogs and stuff.
Also, the last week has been one big party. Been going out for almost a week straight. You can see some pics of the last day here: www.lappendag2007.tk
And now im back to the learning thing again. Im trying not to grab the camera too much, cause there is always too much time involved when i do that :)
Ah well, i will drop in from time to time offcourse. But wont be uploading too many pics.
Well, thats it for now,
greetz Daan

I still don't know WHAT the big party was all about, but it looks like a BIG party, all right, and ... WHO took these photos? Daan as the snapshot-artist???

Can't always have been YOUR photos, like this one here - it SURE was taken by someone else!!!

Lappendag025.JPG

And this one here, too :)shock: )

Lappendag035.JPG

What a party!
How will you ever make it back to your books???

Veterinarian assistent. Cool job! Why not the full thing ->veterinarian. We urgently need one close by who knows all there is to know about reptiles! Snakes in the first place!!! :sexywink: You coming??? :sexywink:

How soon before you're qualified to treat otters and penguins?
:lmao: You took the words right out of my mouth, Chris!!!!! :lmao:

Daan, how awesome that your career path is as a veterinarian's assistant!!! Good on ya, mate!

well, i dont think i will be qualified very soon. Gonna practise before treating those. You know, lesser chance of breaking them then :)
And the party: its the last day of a 10 day fair (with merry-go-rounds and whatever) and in those 10 days there are a lot of festivities too. The last day is called "Lappendag" or "Ragday" if you would translate it. Its an old tradition. Back in the days, pa and ma would go to the market on this day. The women would go to the market and buy the "rags" (to make clothes and stuff) and the men would go to the pub. These days everyone goes to the pub :). There still is a market and the people go there as early as 6:00am....and other peeps are drinking their first beer at 8:00am (i was a bit later this year, had my first one at 11:00) This goes on till 4:00pm and then the bars close (so the people can get a bit sober, have been some nasty stuff when the bars were open all day, some people just cant behave when they drink too much), but they open again at 8:00pm. Between 4 and 10 we spent some time at a friends house and played some karaoke and had a BBQ at his neighbours house. At around 10:00 pm we hit the bar again. I went to bed at 3:30 am. So Lappendag is one whole day of drinking beer and having a good time. Good thing it was the last day though. Was out drinking for 5 days in a row.
And yes im a snap-shot artist too. Im also pretty sure i took the first pic myself, can still see my arm in my totally wrong glasses (i try to buy totally wrong glasses each year).
I havent got a clue why i choose assistent over photog though......maybe i can combine them sometime (no idea how one can do that, but maybe it can)
Why not going for a full-vet? Well its gonna be another very long study. But maybe some day it will happen, who knows ;)

How exciting! I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of schooling. Good luck and have fun :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back