Why members leave TPF

WOW, just wow........

I'm going to go smoke a joint.......

I suggest some of you do similarly.....

:meh:

this is a community... An open community.. there are no restrictions to membership... As such, you can't take this place too seriously. There are way too many people taking "stuff" too seriously. The whole "The Pact" thread is a prime example of this.

This is a non sequitur. In any community there should be room for people who take things at however level of seriousness they want. And the rest should respect their feelings.

The kind of thread-jacking demonstrated above is similar to a 5 year old not being interested in a conversation and interrupting it by running around in the room yelling.

If this were a real community, then the acting 5 year olds would be sent off to play somewhere else where they have the opportunity to be as funny as they can to their own cache of admirers. But they wouldn't be given carte blanche to interrupt others' conversations just because they don't think it is important and they need attention.
First of all, if you are going to throw around latin terms, to pose, somewhat as a "psuedo intellectual" use the term properly. You cannot just insert latin, into the english language framework, and expect anyone to take you seriously. You, my friend are a joke.
If, you are, as other's pretend they are "intellectual's" then you should have replied "non sequiter". Not "this is a non...." It's like saying you are not a not.

If, as you and others, want to pose as pseudo intellectuals, then learn the language, don't use latin to try to impose on Usait, that you have reached some sort of intellecutal nirvana. You are just making a fool out of yourself, which I'd already assumed anyway.

If you would like the whole paragraph, I, as a lesser evolved life form, as two of you have asserted, I can actually translate the whole paragraph into latin, used properly.

I would guess that, other than mod's, that asshat's such as yourself, feeling less than whatever goals you have set in your lives, try to interpret "art" as an intellectual entitiy in itself, therefore thinking that you have reached something more than your pathetic selves.

Having said that, I really don't care, about you, your camera, your family, or anything else about your background.

I've only been here a short time myself. And am discovering what a bunch of phoney people that a few of you are. I'm thinking about leaving the site myself. No big loss, you say? Very true, I can answer that one myself.

I will miss some of the good "friends" or should I say cyber "friends" that I've made, but if you really think that "the good ol' days" and mods are the answer to your problems, well I see it quite differently.

Go back to your nowhere lives, sit around and PM yourselves, that how you believe that other's are lower on the Darwin scale of life forms, and die the sorry assed pathetic little lives that you live.

Love,

J.:lol:

I find it pretty amazing that I asked for some consideration for people who take photography more seriously than those who like to dance around going la la la and I get a lesson on Latin grammar - and spelling.

For your benefit, I include a reference from Wikipedia

Non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow"), in formal logic, is an argument in which its conclusion does not follow from its premises.[1] In a non sequitur, the conclusion can be either true or false, but the argument is fallacious because there is a disconnection between the premise and the conclusion. All formal fallacies are special cases of non sequitur. The term has special applicability in law, having a formal legal definition. Many types of known non sequitur argument forms have been classified into many different types of logical fallacies.

It was in this meaning that I used it - a usage and meaning that is in common usage in the English language. Why this makes me a pseudo-intellectual I don't know - and I actually can't tell what you are angry about.

Is it that I used a word you didn't know or is it that I asked that the mods keep a disruptive group from thread-jacking and a couple of members saw this as a vital insult?

More to the fact, despite exhaustive encouragement by the moderating team to members to use their Ignore Lists, most refuse to block the comments of folks they dislike.

There is a very good reason for that. You have a blank in the thread (the member you are ignoring) but others are responding to what was said in that blank so, how do you respond to the responses without looking at what is hidden in the blank. Therefore the Ignore List is useless.

Tolerance is important for ideas but lots of behavior shouldn't be tolerated

Wow! Let's not tolerate too much tolerance :( Let's be free but not too much :lmao:

I too don't make a connection between that thread and members leaving.

I don't either. Was there one?

In the meantime, this has gone from stupid to stupider with members announcing they're leaving (bye, have a safe trip), members who had announced they were leaving but keep coming back, etc.

WOW! I would take kundalini's advice but I don't smoke. Guess I'll break out the popcorn.
:gah:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

And here I thought everyone around this place liked each other.
Chiller left? I feel as though I just spoke with him not a day or two ago.
Well, hopefully you guys can settle down. Remember, this is a forum to help us, as a group of people who love, or at least have some sort of interest in, photography, learn and grow together. I don't care who's internet diction muscles are bigger or more impressive, I'd rather see everyone learn from this forum and keep on rolling.

just my .02

I'm so proud I got to use the word "diction" haha.

This is a non sequitur. In any community there should be room for people who take things at however level of seriousness they want. And the rest should respect their feelings.

The kind of thread-jacking demonstrated above is similar to a 5 year old not being interested in a conversation and interrupting it by running around in the room yelling.

If this were a real community, then the acting 5 year olds would be sent off to play somewhere else where they have the opportunity to be as funny as they can to their own cache of admirers. But they wouldn't be given carte blanche to interrupt others' conversations just because they don't think it is important and they need attention.
First of all, if you are going to throw around latin terms, to pose, somewhat as a "psuedo intellectual" use the term properly. You cannot just insert latin, into the english language framework, and expect anyone to take you seriously. You, my friend are a joke.
If, you are, as other's pretend they are "intellectual's" then you should have replied "non sequiter". Not "this is a non...." It's like saying you are not a not.

If, as you and others, want to pose as pseudo intellectuals, then learn the language, don't use latin to try to impose on Usait, that you have reached some sort of intellecutal nirvana. You are just making a fool out of yourself, which I'd already assumed anyway.

If you would like the whole paragraph, I, as a lesser evolved life form, as two of you have asserted, I can actually translate the whole paragraph into latin, used properly.

I would guess that, other than mod's, that asshat's such as yourself, feeling less than whatever goals you have set in your lives, try to interpret "art" as an intellectual entitiy in itself, therefore thinking that you have reached something more than your pathetic selves.

Having said that, I really don't care, about you, your camera, your family, or anything else about your background.

I've only been here a short time myself. And am discovering what a bunch of phoney people that a few of you are. I'm thinking about leaving the site myself. No big loss, you say? Very true, I can answer that one myself.

I will miss some of the good "friends" or should I say cyber "friends" that I've made, but if you really think that "the good ol' days" and mods are the answer to your problems, well I see it quite differently.

Go back to your nowhere lives, sit around and PM yourselves, that how you believe that other's are lower on the Darwin scale of life forms, and die the sorry assed pathetic little lives that you live.

Love,

J.:lol:

I find it pretty amazing that I asked for some consideration for people who take photography more seriously than those who like to dance around going la la la and I get a lesson on Latin grammar - and spelling.

For your benefit, I include a reference from Wikipedia

Non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow"), in formal logic, is an argument in which its conclusion does not follow from its premises.[1] In a non sequitur, the conclusion can be either true or false, but the argument is fallacious because there is a disconnection between the premise and the conclusion. All formal fallacies are special cases of non sequitur. The term has special applicability in law, having a formal legal definition. Many types of known non sequitur argument forms have been classified into many different types of logical fallacies.

It was in this meaning that I used it - a usage and meaning that is in common usage in the English language. Why this makes me a pseudo-intellectual I don't know - and I actually can't tell what you are angry about.

Is it that I used a word you didn't know or is it that I asked that the mods keep a disruptive group from thread-jacking and a couple of members saw this as a vital insult?

Two years of latin, I quite know know what you meant, although, that statement could meant several things, depending how you use it. You gave several..good way to cover your ignorance....

FU..
J.

This thread is full of rage, lulz, and win.

Hmmm....found THE site, and friends, so if I'm part of it, I'm out of here..

Hee..he...not going to be missed, I'm sure, but the party is better, if you know what I mean...to all of you that hve been helpful, I thank you. This site is better left to the "Intellectualy Astute"..us dummies need to go...

J. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh,and one more thing, you have a couple of people, both can be found on this thread, that need the proper instruments to convince each other, who is more advanced on Darwins' chain.....Oh, and this will make sure that they know who they are, and I don't mind being banned...Hey to those who know who they are....**** You.....Have a good day...And I don't blame you for posting your boring ****, and pictures of your ugly fat assed wives...I don't blame you for not going home..staying here 24/7...If my life was as pathetic as your's, and all I had to do was take my self to seriously, because your ol lady wears mens underwear, and socks, well...
and well is all I have to say...besides, this is a totally banned thread, and so on and so forth and also, tell your ol lady to brush her fuggin teeth, also..If you need them, they have XXXXXXLLLLLLL female undies at the good will....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

J.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

P.S. for the rest of you, I know the name of the site now...see you there...

J.:mrgreen:

Clearly an excellent example of the dangers of posting while stupid.

Yeah can we all just kinda be happy and change our avatars to pictures of William Shatner? :)

Reading this thread... and I can't help but imagine cartoon Batman and Robin beating the bad guys silly with wet noodles... oh... perhaps that's just the shots I just downed...

Geeesh, looks like another fatty is in order.....

No wait, I could log off..... I think, could I? I don't remember anymore.

:biglaugh:

Yeah can we all just kinda be happy and change our avatars to pictures of William Shatner? :)

Considering the fact that William Shatner is known for his supreme ego...........:D

Most reactions

Back