why nikon ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
na i sell cameras, the xsi has a slightly wider layout and a textured grip ... you know what is a real disapointment! that t1i canon. feels like a better xs although they did put a dimple in the grip underneath the shutter release. and the video is lame.

um.... you say the xs feels like crap (which is fine) but the xsi doesn't? maybe I am wrong but aren't they the same bodies??? lol

i didnt intend it to be a nikon vs canon thread, i made this thread in the intention on feedback on the nikon format .... then i turned it in a nikon vs canon thread lol

i say the same thing to customers about a camera being a camera, but um ........ when you spend thousands on a camera, everyone one deep down inside wants the best .... canon and nikon are the best, and i can understand it will be little aspects that make them differ.

i for get if its mallrats orchasing amy .... but me and a few friends say fanboy alot.... so i found it amusing :p

Not really a jay and silent bob fan.. dunno why you'd even ask.. *shrug*..

I didn't mean to call you a fanboy, i just meant your Nikon bashing replies make you sound like one. Stirring up trouble. It's not like you're the first and that's just it.. it gets old after the 125,000th Nikon vs Canon thread. As far as being butthurt.. I don't personally care what brand someone likes. Cameras are just tools. I own a few Canon cameras myself (rangefinders) a couple Yashicas, some Pentax.. they all do the same thing. Make photographs.

I like Nikon because M,S,A,P makes a whole lot more sense than Tv,Av, PQRsuTyiFIOhb.
It's not that difficult. If you can learn what one letter means, I'm sure you can learn what two letters mean... or so I would hope.

The bodies are way WAY more solid than the canon ones. I hate the plasticy feel of the canon cameras. Not to mention everytime you squeeze a canon, it creaks.
That's complete non-sense. I challenge you to get either one of my Canon's to either creak or find a single point where they feel like plastic. They're made of metal, I don't buy plastic cameras.

You're likely talking about consumer grade cameras, something I'm not interested in. If you want a pro camera, buy one.

Aside from plastic feel, anything below a D90 in the Nikon line-up uses older CCD technology. Also, most of the lower end Nikon's lack an AF motor in the body with one exception. Even their new D5000 lacks an AF motor which is really sad. Canon chose to put their AF motors in their lenses many years ago so even their cheapest body can make full use of their EF lenses, unlike Nikon.

Two words: Nikon Lenses
Funny you should say that. Most people would agree that Canon has a more comprehensive lens line up (and more reasonably priced) than Nikon and few people have anything negative to say about L lenses. They're universally accepted as top of the line glass (as is Nikkor).

But if you want to shoot canon, more power to ya. Just enjoy what you shoot, and dont worry about the rest. It doesnt matter what we like...it only matters what YOU like.
I do shoot Canon and I carefully chose between a D90 and a 50D when I was still buying pro-sumers (even though the D90 is a consumer grade body). It's funny you have an aversion to plastic feeling cameras and own a plastic camera. I didn't like the plastic feel of the D90 compared to either the 40D or the 50D.

But not everyone is me and I get that. I also don't go out of my way to bash Nikon like you do with Canon (previous thread). I see no point in it.

I should also mention that Nikon has high ISO performance in its favor because they start their native ISO at 200 vs. Canon's 100. Since most people shoot at less than ISO 3200 Canon has wisely chosen to maintain low ISO performance.

Your insistence that Nikon is superior to Canon is mis-informed. They have different positives and negatives and cater to different folks. Both are top of the line and are used by professionals across the board.

Last edited:
Because Nikon supports their own.

I use lenses that were around long before you were born and are still top quality today- by any standards.

Try that with your's. :)

I use lenses that were around long before you were born and are still top quality today- by any standards.

I have to say that on the whole I'd rather the modern lenses be as good as they can be and not have to work around a fifty year old lens mount that was designed when autofocus wasn't even a pipe dream. Besides, Canons with an adaptor can mount old Nikon lenses just as well as Nikons can.

Why would I "try that"? I don't live in 1960, I live in 2009. I don't go to thrift stores to buy lenses, I go to Adorama.com or B&H and sometimes Amazon. :)

Doesn't the fact that Canon even made such a product tell you anything? :lmao:

Anyway, manual focus isn't a bother for those who can and btw, some lenses just have a look you can't get anywhere else. A 105/2.5 for instance.

Enjoy your camera though. ;)

HAHAHA....this thread is funny.

Like I said before, just shoot what you like. If ya like Canon,shoot Canon. If ya like Nikon, shoot Nikon. You can get the shot from either of them.

I havent used a nikon that handles noise better than a canon? lol maybe a d300 or d700 which i do love their feel(i have never used a 5dii or 1d). but the d90 and down (garbadge). and canon does whore out megapixels thats y i baught a 30d! only 8mp :D
Seriously stop with all your double and triple posts everything can fit in one post OK.

na i sell cameras, the xsi has a slightly wider layout and a textured grip ... you know what is a real disapointment! that t1i canon. feels like a better xs although they did put a dimple in the grip underneath the shutter release. and the video is lame.

O nice I didnt know that at all, look the exact same to me! haha good to know!

HUZZAAAHH!! I read Canons Creak?! So does my D70, and I dont recall ever hearing a creack from my teachers XTi, nor my friends dads Canon 20D (with the 24-70mm f/2.8L :D)
now....I have never heard A d40 squeek. I have never heard a 50D squeek. I dont recall hearing anything squeek untill I read this forum and deliberatly tried making anything I could on my Nikon squeek.

Now, I got a Nikon because I was told by some saleperson that it would be better down the line, when I get a digital and get new lenses, I could still use my old MF lenses. So I did that.
Otherwise, I just may have gone Canon, mostly for the lenses and I dont have to spend 900 dolalrs just to not have to get special lenses so I could get AF.

McDonalds fries are far superior the Burger King.

Funny you should say that. Most people would agree that Canon has a more comprehensive lens line up (and more reasonably priced) than Nikon and few people have anything negative to say about L lenses. They're universally accepted as top of the line glass (as is Nikkor).

just because canon makes more lenses, doesn't mean they make better lenses.

But not everyone is me and I get that. I also don't go out of my way to bash Nikon like you do with Canon (previous thread). I see no point in it.

pot calling the kettle black? just because you consistently bash nikon in a more sublte way, doesn't mean you're not bashing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back