why nikon ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so ive been in digital photography for around 2 years. ive seen all the older model slrs and the latest. i LOVE canon, everyone im friends with ... loves canon ... and all the head honchos in my company love canon. WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE NIKON!?!? lol .... im bored and upset thinking about it :grumpy: .... if you shoot nikon ... why?

I use a Nikon because they feel waayyy better in my hand.
And they handle high ISO better than Canons.
I am also partial to Nikon because I like the menu and general layout more than Canon.

Canon are also megapixel whores......

I like Nikon because M,S,A,P makes a whole lot more sense than Tv,Av, PQRsuTyiFIOhb.

The bodies are way WAY more solid than the canon ones. I hate the plasticy feel of the canon cameras. Not to mention everytime you squeeze a canon, it creaks.

Two words: Nikon Lenses

But if you want to shoot canon, more power to ya. Just enjoy what you shoot, and dont worry about the rest. It doesnt matter what we like...it only matters what YOU like.

ok so ive been in digital photography for around 2 years. ive seen all the older model slrs and the latest. i LOVE canon, everyone im friends with ... loves canon ... and all the head honchos in my company love canon. WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE NIKON!?!? lol .... im bored and upset thinking about it :grumpy: .... if you shoot nikon ... why?
By what you just said, it actually sounds like everyone has a Canon.

I havent used a nikon that handles noise better than a canon? lol maybe a d300 or d700 which i do love their feel(i have never used a 5dii or 1d). but the d90 and down (garbadge). and canon does whore out megapixels thats y i baught a 30d! only 8mp :D

I use a Nikon because they feel waayyy better in my hand.
And they handle high ISO better than Canons.
I am also partial to Nikon because I like the menu and general layout more than Canon.

Canon are also megapixel whores......

maybe if you a noob the turnknob might throw you off lol .... i like the feel of the d90 better than xsi ... but xsi is better than d40/d60. canon xs sucks donkey wang as far as the "feel" catagory goes. but the 30/40/50d are awsome. but i do like the d300 (not at the price point tho)

and canon offers WAY more lenses, u think their glass is better?

the only reason im thinking nikon, the new d5000 looks nice

I like Nikon because M,S,A,P makes a whole lot more sense than Tv,Av, PQRsuTyiFIOhb.

The bodies are way WAY more solid than the canon ones. I hate the plasticy feel of the canon cameras. Not to mention everytime you squeeze a canon, it creaks.

Two words: Nikon Lenses

But if you want to shoot canon, more power to ya. Just enjoy what you shoot, and dont worry about the rest. It doesnt matter what we like...it only matters what YOU like.

people im directly associated with have canon, but customers of mine and a lot of you tpfs out there have nikon. so i hope i didnt take the wrong route! lol but still ..... viva la canon!

By what you just said, it actually sounds like everyone has a Canon.

If you've only handled a digital rebel then you are unqualified to comment on Canon build quality as a blanket statement. At the same time, the build quality between the entry Nikons and Canon are functionally identical, with Nikon just leading the way in the ability to dress up plastic.

And for what it's worth, all of the pro photographers I know shoot Canon. Until the D3x Nikon didn't offer the resolution that commercial and magazine shooters needed to justify using a 35mm SLR over medium format.

i sell about 3-5 canon 5d mark ii a week ...... i would say im unqualified to comment as a whole on canon as a manfacturer. but nikon, their point and shoots, the way they package their cameras .... i just dont trust em! your comment is very condensending :( ... i didnt say i dont like nikon or canon is nikons baby's daddy lol ...... but i deal with high end cameras all the time ... i dont own one(i have a canon 30d). but maybe this post is my way of getting all the info i want may it be negative or positive so i dont go buying $2000 lenes from a crummier company? i dunno, im bored at work and i have nothing better to do! lol

If you've only handled a digital rebel then you are unqualified to comment on Canon build quality as a blanket statement. At the same time, the build quality between the entry Nikons and Canon are functionally identical, with Nikon just leading the way in the ability to dress up plastic.

Chill out, I was agreeing with you if you read my comment.

...or take note of my signature...

My opinion from using both is that while to some extent Nikon does things to make the bodies perceivably "better built" there are just not substantial differences in the construction of the cameras at given pricepoints. A lot of people handle a rebel in the store, and use that to blast around the internet that "all Canons are built of plastic" and creak or some such.

I like the control layout and the feel in my hand.

I have to say though, judging from your replies you're just a Canon fanboy trying to stir up trouble because you're "bored at work"

lol i noticed you sig after i replied , the old xt series was plastic, the new xsi ... has a decent feel for entry level. but i didnt have the cash to throw at a 50 or 40 so i baught a 30d. untill i find some old 1d or 5d for sale when i get more cash!

Chill out, I was agreeing with you if you read my comment.

...or take note of my signature...

My opinion from using both is that while to some extent Nikon does things to make the bodies perceivably "better built" there are just not substantial differences in the construction of the cameras at given pricepoints. A lot of people handle a rebel in the store, and use that to blast around the internet that "all Canons are built of plastic" and creak or some such.

thanks for the reply, its funny you called me fanboy. you happen to be a jay and silent bob fan? lol

and ill stir up all the trouble i please peacefully on a tpf forum with fellow photographers. im sorry if i hurt/damaged/offended/violated/abused/etc anyone including nikons good name ;)

I like the control layout and the feel in my hand.

I have to say though, judging from your replies you're just a Canon fanboy trying to stir up trouble because you're "bored at work"

maybe if you a noob the turnknob might throw you off lol .... i like the feel of the d90 better than xsi ... but xsi is better than d40/d60. canon xs sucks donkey wang as far as the "feel" catagory goes. but the 30/40/50d are awsome. but i do like the d300 (not at the price point tho)

and canon offers WAY more lenses, u think their glass is better?

the only reason im thinking nikon, the new d5000 looks nice

um.... you say the xs feels like crap (which is fine) but the xsi doesn't? maybe I am wrong but aren't they the same bodies??? lol

thanks for the reply, its funny you called me fanboy. you happen to be a jay and silent bob fan? lol

and ill stir up all the trouble i please peacefully on a tpf forum with fellow photographers. im sorry if i hurt/damaged/offended/violated/abused/etc anyone including nikons good name ;)

Not really a jay and silent bob fan.. dunno why you'd even ask.. *shrug*..

I didn't mean to call you a fanboy, i just meant your Nikon bashing replies make you sound like one. Stirring up trouble. It's not like you're the first and that's just it.. it gets old after the 125,000th Nikon vs Canon thread. As far as being butthurt.. I don't personally care what brand someone likes. Cameras are just tools. I own a few Canon cameras myself (rangefinders) a couple Yashicas, some Pentax.. they all do the same thing. Make photographs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back