why nikon ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coca-Cola is a far superior product than Pepsi and has many more options for the end user to choose from.
Now there you go. Once, many threads ago, I posted "I like cake" in an equally asinine thread. That caused a couple malcontents to flame me for posting nonsensical stuff. We need to keep this "X rocks, Y sucks" thread on topic.

:D

We'll have no mood lightening. This is serious stuff, we have to figure out which brand sucks. The only practical way to do that is to finger point, make false accusations, insult, or otherwise hammer anyone that doesn't shoot what we shoot.

You're just not trying hard enough. I've found if you stand on your camera and jump up and down you can get some odd noises out of it. :)

Nope, he shoots Nikon, it would just look at him and say, "If you want a camera that squeals, get a canon!".

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I'm out! ;)

You need to learn to read what is written vs what you want to read. I said nothing of the sort. You should Google "strawman argument".

I've never bashed Nikon. Saying you don't care for a feature isn't bashing, saying one or the other sucks is bashing. It's unfortunate that I have to waste my time explaining the obvious to you.

you always join these threads claiming to be objective and then you take shots at nikon for having an inferior lens selection and cheap feeling bodies which are fanboyish statements. you're a fanboy and there's nothing wrong with that, just don't claim to be the objective one when you're clearly not.

This has to be the most immature thread i've seen here in a while :lol:.

C'mon people, grow up!

I've seen amazing shots taken with both brands so who cares about the tiny differences the two brands have? If you have million old Nikon lenses you'd be an idiot not to go with Nikon DSLR. But if you're new to photography the decision gets more advanced. Like everyone says just feel the camera layout and make the decision based on that. I prefer Canon but that's simply because that's what i've used the most. I don't like the Nikon's shutter button but that's also because i've used Canon more. If you've used Nikon more, it's inevitable you're going to prefer Nikon and there's nothing wrong with that. Just a question of personal preference.

And which is better built? Nikon's plastic feels more solid but it's plastic nevertheless. Canon offers magnesium bodies starting from xxD series and at least in my mind that nukes any plastic hands down. But Nikon offers the Dxxx series which has at least the same level of quality feel.

I'm fed up with people saying the built quality of XSi is total crap compared to D90. Yes, Nikon has made a great effort of making the D90 feel more solid but they're both still just plastic bodies. The important thing relies on the money you can spend on the camera: XSi is cheaper than the D90 and if you can go a bit higher Canon offers the magnesium body line-up. But so does Nikon.

And for the ISO performance. From what i've seen the top models of both cameras handle ISO so amazingly that i really doubt a professional photographer would suffer with the performance of either of them. And if one of them can process the noise better than the other? Well at least i don't use the on camera noise reduction ever. I much prefer to do it totally myself with photoshop. I'm pretty sure that with decent pp skills you can nuke the cameras ability to kill noise - without damaging the overall sharpness.

As for the older lenses go... adapters are invented guys! I'm concidering buying some old and very cheap M42 mount MF lens just because of the fun of it. And the adapter for it costs nothing.

Sorry for this rant of mine.... Please carry on but no need to bash great cameras here (this goes for both Nikon and Canon fanboys here)! ;)

you always join these threads claiming to be objective and then you take shots at nikon for having an inferior lens selection and cheap feeling bodies which are fanboyish statements. you're a fanboy and there's nothing wrong with that, just don't claim to be the objective one when you're clearly not.
1) When someone claims Canon's are plastic feeling, I point out the irony of such a statement. When someone says that Nikon has superior lenses, I point out that Canon has just as good (I didn't say better as you falsely claim) of lenses and actually has a more comprehensive line-up. Again, facts. Note: Pointing out facts or expressing an opining without saying something sucks isn't bashing. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

2) I join lots of threads, not just Nikon vs. Canon threads. In doing so I voice an opinion and I counter what I precieve to be false or misleading information. Is everyone who voices an opinion a basher? Seriously, what's wrong with you?

3) I am highly objective. If you weren't busy trying to demonize me, lying about me and name calling, you would realize this. I've told people to buy Nikon and I've said more than once that Nikon offers outstanding products. Just because I prefer Canon doesn't mean that Nikon sucks - as you imply. That's called being objective, something you wouldn't recognize if it bit you on the arse. It's also called being honest, something you're clearly not.

Here's a great idea, why don't you find something else to do besides attacking me and telling fibs? Surely you can find more mature things to occupy your time with.

And which is better built? Nikon's plastic feels more solid but it's plastic nevertheless. Canon offers magnesium bodies starting from xxD series and at least in my mind that nukes any plastic hands down. But Nikon offers the Dxxx series which has at least the same level of quality feel.
Stop your mindless bashing you fanboy.

:lmao:

1) When someone claims Canon's are plastic feeling, I point out the irony of such a statement. When someone says that Nikon has superior lenses, I point out that Canon has just as good (I didn't say better as you falsely claim) of lenses and actually has a more comprehensive line-up. Again, facts. Note: Pointing out facts or expressing an opining without saying something sucks isn't bashing. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

2) I join lots of threads, not just Nikon vs. Canon threads. In doing so I voice an opinion and I counter what I precieve to be false or misleading information. Is everyone who voices an opinion a basher? Seriously, what's wrong with you?

3) I am highly objective. If you weren't busy trying to demonize me, lying about me and name calling, you would realize this. I've told people to buy Nikon and I've said more than once that Nikon offers outstanding products. Just because I prefer Canon doesn't mean that Nikon sucks - as you imply. That's called being objective, something you wouldn't recognize if it bit you on the arse. It's also called being honest, something you're clearly not.

Here's a great idea, why don't you find something else to do besides attacking me and telling fibs? Surely you can find more mature things to occupy your time with.

tharmsen .. clam down .... it's alright .... Today is Friday :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: after all!!

:hugs:

tharmsen .. clam down .... it's alright .... Today is Friday :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: after all!!

:hugs:
Me calm down? I am calm. How about the guy who won't give the false accusations and name calling a rest? Do you have any words of wisdom for him?

Some of you people should lay off the coffe if it makes you this edgy in the morning.

BTW, freshly ground whole bean coffee is far superior than mass produced pre-ground coffee. If you need proof, go to this link, click on the Listen Now link and move the slider to mark 34:46.

Coca-Cola is a far superior product than Pepsi and has many more options for the end user to choose from.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well. Let's start a new thread and talk about that!!!!! LOL

I think a "which is better, Pepsi or Coke" thread would be a nice change of pace. Then we could chastise people for having a preference and call them all fanboys. :)

What do you want me to do? :whip:

haha ..... we should blame the OP ... he started all this ...
It is the OP's fault. We should gang up on him!

coke vs pepsie = coke! pepsi has a gay name

Mcdonalds vs Burger king = Burger King! they wrap there straws in paper.

Canon vs Nikon = both winners

Canon customer support vs Nikon's = Nikon's! Canon customer support SUCKS! (from my own experience)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back