Why People use high ISO, like 1600 and higher........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how much money you get paid if your shooting at 1600 iso in a good lighting situation then your not giving the best quality prints that you could be.. So they are getting less quality images at the expense of your not doing your job and working around it..

How can you even tell if you don't even use your camera meter? :eek:
i use the camera meter but what i said is i don't trust it when i have it pointed at a highlighted area, like indoors pointing at a subject neer a window in daylight, you know the results if you use the meters, the exposure indoors is good, but the window is blown out because of too much light, so that is where flash compensation comes in you stop down to let less light in to see out side the window, then use more power in your flash to compensate to light up your subject indoors,, that is what i was talking about..

So whattaya do for a candle-light ceremony?

You do what other noobs do, you bring a giant flash and provide ugly flat light so you can maintain 100 ISO. :eek:

Oh man, I need more butter for my popcorn now! :D

now your twisting things, i don't bring ugly light in with a giant flash , really?? is that your best guess of how that would be done?
you just go on giving your customers lower quality prints, that's fine..

now your twisting things, i don't bring ugly light in with a giant flash , really?? is that your best guess of how that would be done?

Ok fine, beautiful light with a small flash? happy? :D

You do what other noobs do, you bring a giant flash and provide ugly flat light so you can maintain 100 ISO. :eek:

i'll let you in on a secret, that is what a noob does, reverts to the easy way out, not enough light , crank up the iso, hell they gave me the ability to do it so it must be ok,,,,,
they revert to higher iso, rather then know photography enough to work around that, it can be done, it's always done.
people think ok my camera cam go up to 25,000 iso so i should be safe if i don't go higher then 12,000..
omg lol

If all you're going to do is assume you know everything and the rest of us are clueless dolts, belittle us for our (obviously proven) methods and tell us that we're all a bunch of failures simply because we don't do things 'your' way, then..........

Picture2-10.png

If all you're going to do is assume you know everything and the rest of us are clueless dolts, belittle us for our (obviously proven) methods and tell us that we're all a bunch of failures simply because we don't do things 'your' way, then..........

I needed this thread for tonight LOL

oh and here is a well known photographer who has been doing this long enough to agree with what i believe.

maybe just maybe i'm right but been doing what you do so long refuse to accept it.

oh and here is a well known photographer who has been doing this long enough to agree with what i believe.

maybe just maybe i'm right but been doing what you do so long refuse to accept it.

He's not referring to ISO 1600 or ISO 3200. He's referring to higher ISO than that.

When you're getting that dark, the lighting is often boring even if you do boost your ISO to expose correctly.

I needed this thread for tonight LOL
if your shooting at that range of ISO , then your giving your customers rubbish, sorry..

He's not referring to ISO 1600 or ISO 3200. He's referring to higher ISO than that.

When you're getting that dark, the lighting is often boring even if you do boost your ISO to expose correctly.

no he's not you didn't listen, he stated even at iso 400 and above degrades the color range and quality go to timeline 1:41 he said were are not talking about 12,000 range, i'm talking about 400 and even 800.. sorry your wrong..

I have a crop camera. I have shots of my son at iso 3200 and above that I think are great. That's all that matters to me. If you say that a photo above 800 iso can't be good, then your trying to impose your opinion on others.

Good luck with that

i'll let you in on a secret, that is what a noob does, reverts to the easy way out, not enough light , crank up the iso, hell they gave me the ability to do it so it must be ok,,,,,
they revert to higher iso, rather then know photography enough to work around that, it can be done, it's always done.
people think ok my camera cam go up to 25,000 iso so i should be safe if i don't go higher then 12,000..
omg lol

Maybe you can decode my own lighting for me since I'm a noob and I don't know photography so I only push ISO higher.... omg lol :eek:

20131116171433-JamesTangPhotography-_D8C6808.jpg
D8C_0556_edited[1].jpg
NIK7230_mod2.jpg

I have a crop camera. I have shots of my son at iso 3200 and above that I think are great. That's all that matters to me. If you say that a photo above 800 iso can't be good, then your trying to impose your opinion on others.

Good luck with that
no, but for your use, it's fine, yes, but if your making prints or shooting for commercial use, then that is nonsense. and if your a professional photographer you should not even need to revert to cranking up your ISO, people have the big misconceptions that iso in digital is the same as film and it's not at all not even close, film was manufactured with chemicals that had a ASA rating to give you decent pictures at a higher iso providing you got correct rated asa film..

no he's not you didn't listen, he stated even at iso 400 and above degrades the color range and quality go to timeline 1:41 he said were are not talking about 12,000 range, i'm talking about 400 and even 800.. sorry your wrong..[/QUOTE]

For someone who is striving for perfection, you should learn the difference between "you're" and "your". Same goes for "its" and "it's".

If the lighting is nice, and the shot is good (composition and whatnot), then I'm not going to NOT take a shot at ISO 1600 because it would be ISO 1600.

If I see a bird in a tree and the lighting is dim in the branches, I will shoot at ISO 12800 if need be.

omg lol

Maybe you can decode my own lighting for me since I'm a noob and I don't know photography so I only push ISO higher.... omg lol :eek:

View attachment 122454 View attachment 122455 View attachment 122456
yeah and as soon as you zoom in 1 to 1 you will see how the image starts to fall apart..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back