Why People use high ISO, like 1600 and higher........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted in photography equipment section. Confusion of "its" with "it's". A touch of irony.

Not everyone is perfect. It's one thing if it's a glaring mistake made by someone who is charging for their work. I think what is worse is some of the terrible photos on sites like Flickr that make their way to the top.

A lot of situations the increase on ISO is required to increase the shutter speed so you can freeze a birds wing. So don't narrow ISO image

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
NOT TRUE you don't need a higher iso to shoot at 3000 shutter speed, that is the old day when you was shooting film.. :/
I shoot at 3k shutter speed at iso 100 all the time..
OK, if you say so but my camera (D3300) tells me what I can and can't not do. I am not an expert but there are times in certain lighting conditions where I have to bump the ISO in order to achieve a correct exposure for faster shutter speeds. I really don't understand what the complaint is as the camera dictates the proper exposure, generally speaking. Just because you can shoot at 3000k at 100 ISO tells me nothing. What are the conditions, what are you shooting, what are you trying to achieve? My camera will not expose correctly at any setting, there are adjustments that need to be dialed in for proper exposure.

If you read my first post i stated good lighting conditions like out door daylight, and it's not a complaint it's a statement, i see alot of photographers see a lighting condition and just take the easy way out for a good exposure by cranking up the iso, which is not what photographers should be looking to do for a first choice, they are other methods of getting more light, aperture is another factor as well..

All i was stating is why people take a shot at crazy iso settings in perfect daylight, when they can achieve a good exposures at a much better iso.. just because your camera has a iso rage to let you go to iso 2500 doesn't mean it's any good.. here is a posting from a professional talking about that
Using higher iso degrades your image color, doesn't matter..

A lot of situations the increase on ISO is required to increase the shutter speed so you can freeze a birds wing. So don't narrow ISO image

NOT TRUE you don't need a higher iso to shoot at 3000 shutter speed, that is the old day when you was shooting film.. :/
OK, if you say so but my camera (D3300) tells me what I can and can't not do. I am not an expert but there are times in certain lighting conditions where I have to bump the ISO in order to achieve a correct exposure for faster shutter speeds. I really don't understand what the complaint is as the camera dictates the proper exposure, generally speaking.

The D3300 can do high shutter speeds at 100 iso if you have good lighting situation, and that is what i stated in good lighting situations..

here is a shot done at 1000 Shutter speed at 100 ISO Froze the shot, View attachment 122450 perfect exposure..
Nikon D7100,,
That is not a perfect exposure. This is going no where I can see.

it is a perfect exposure, you have no idea what your talking about. so you think it would look better craning up the iso? yeah right

OK, if you say so but my camera (D3300) tells me what I can and can't not do. I am not an expert but there are times in certain lighting conditions where I have to bump the ISO in order to achieve a correct exposure for faster shutter speeds. I really don't understand what the complaint is as the camera dictates the proper exposure, generally speaking.

The D3300 can do high shutter speeds at 100 iso if you have good lighting situation, and that is what i stated in good lighting situations..

here is a shot done at 1000 Shutter speed at 100 ISO Froze the shot, View attachment 122450 perfect exposure..
Nikon D7100,,
That is not a perfect exposure. This is going no where I can see.

it is a perfect exposure, you have no idea what your talking about. so you think it would look better craning up the iso? yeah right

Craning up? To 160?:/ That's not "craning up".

It's at least 1/2 a stop under exposed on my calibrated monitor. :eek: It looks the internal meter got fooled by the bright sky.

Why do people always act like they know what is best for other photographers? LOL
i'm not acting like i know what is best, i just stated and ask why do some people crank up iso to increase there exposure in perfect daylight situations, makes no sense specially when it turns the images quality into rubbish..

i'm not acting like i know what is best, i just stated and ask why do some people crank up iso to increase there exposure in perfect daylight situations, makes no sense specially when it turns the images quality into rubbish..

Do you know why at times I crank my ISO up during day light? :eek:

It's about 1/2 a stop under exposed on my calibrated monitor. :eek: It looks the internal meter got fooled by the bright sky.
i never use the meter for exposure, when pointing at a bright background or indoors pointing at a window where light is coming in, if your looking at the shadow where the stars are i intended that to be shadowed like that, for natural detail, if the entire flag was as bright through the entire flag then what i was doing would be lost, it suppose to have shadows there like that.. so the image is not under exposed at all.

Do you know why at times I crank my ISO up during day light? :eek:
how would i know that, being that i never seen any of your pictures to know what your trying to do, and if you say to freeze an image, you don't need high iso to freez an image that flag was shot at 1000 shutter speed at 100 iso ... :/

how would i know that, being that i never seen any of your pictures to know what your trying to do, and if you say to freeze an image, you don't need high iso to freez an image that flag was shot at 1000 shutter speed at 100 iso ... :/

Once you've shot enough motorsports photography then maybe you'll know why. For now, I'm going to make some popcorn because this thread is getting good. :D

Properly exposed flag for print :D

Untitled-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back