Why the hostility to the "overcooked" images ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my pictures smooth and fluid rather than hard and crunchy.

Why let it die? If somebody else has the desire to give their 2 cents about the topic, they should be able to. You cant give yours and tell everyone to drop it. Nor are you forced to read the replies if you are tired of the topic. It is still a forum.

Last edited:
Why let it die? If somebody else has the desire to give their 2 cents about the topic, they should be able to. You cant give yours and tell everyone to drop it. Nor are you forced to read the replies if you are tired of the topic. It is still a forum.

Cause the topic has been discussed to death.

Some like it, some hate it. This all that needs to be said on the issue.

Cause the topic has been discussed to death.

Some like it, some hate it. This all that needs to be said on the issue.

So,... You're done discussing it, so that means everyone else is too? New members with their own opinions join here everyday. Are they suppose to not participate in the forums because some of us are tired of the same dead horse?
I'm not trying to start a debate about this now, I have seen this sort of thing on many forums, I just never understood why something should be dropped just because some dont want to hear it anymore, even though they sure had alot to say about it in the first place. I dont walk down the hall at work and hear a conversation in one of the rooms that I'm tired of listening to, and tell whoever is having the conversation to shutup. I just dont go into that room.

I will state however that I dont see what could be accomplished by disussing this particular topic, but it is a forum, and those that wish to, should be able to.

Last edited:
I will personally give a free camera to the first person who presents a NEW argument on this forum... on this topic.

Go ahead.

Make my day.

I will personally give a free camera to the first person who presents a NEW argument on this forum... on this topic.

Go ahead.

Make my day.

Sweet! I just won a camera!!! Or is that starting now? :wink:

I will personally give a free camera to the first person who presents a NEW argument on this forum... on this topic. Go ahead. Make my day.

HDR has been shown to cause impotence and incontinence.

Debate the pros and cons of this.

HDR has been shown to cause impotence and incontinence.

[snark]That would explain some of the posts on this thread.[/snark]

Hi !
Indeed, overcooked images can add a great dramatic effect and transmit feelings you would not be able to feel with a limited treatment. Which is, in my opininon, what art is all about...
Here is an example of my works on this :
$IGP0296_297_298_299_3002-770x539.jpg

If you like it (or not...) and want to see more of my picture, here is my website : www.herdephotos.fr

Thanks for your visits !
Herdé

HDR is to photography what AUTOTUNE is to sound recording. A little goes a long way.

omg please let this thread die.

There is one and only one answer to "Why the hostility towards xxx?" ... and that is SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE CHANGE... AND ...OTHER PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT CHANGE ISN'T GOOD JUST BECAUSE IT'S CHANGE.

It's the same crap all the time. Color photography. Autofocus. Digital photography. Microwaves. Cars. Eating tomatoes.

MOST of these things eventually become widely accepted and then become the new norm that everyone stands on when someone introduces some other new thing and they feel the need to shout it down.

The world is full of change. Embrace it, accept it, don't accept it, whatever. Who cares. Just please god don't whine about it on the internet.

Just like bell bottoms, Hypercolor tshirt, twilight movies, slavery, and Justin Bieber

Go ahead.

Make my day.

What kind of camera?

Ken Rockwell doesn't understand HDR, therefore it must suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back