Why????

Sounds like someone still has some whining to do ;)

It was a good "pressure relief valve" for the forum, don't you think? The forum may need to be relieved again sometime ;)

you know I saw one forum with a happyness meter - you entered how happy you were on a slider and it would add up the results from all the members who used it to give an overall indecation of the happyness of the forum.
We could get that and modify it - something like a ranting indecator:

just how ranty are you today:
Not at all
meh if some one else is I might join in
I hate you, I hate this!

No, just enjoyed the burps....:lmao:

I'm sure you guys will miss the whining and backstabing.....you've become referees.:er:
I propose to the other mods that we delete this thread!:delete: Too much whining in here.

To get serious about it, my thoughts are: most whiners are self centered and have an ego problem, i.e. looking for praise instead of truth. Not every photo is good or bad, the real value comes from a person viewing the shot. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....not necessarily the creator.

As to the professional, well, don't they present many shots to be considered for "payment" on just one? So when a member shows us one shot, he's assuming that we will all like it. That's not always so, and that's where the whining comes in.

My reasons for continuing to support TPF are several....to share photos, learn new tricks and to chat with members around the world with whom I have a central interest, photography. What could be more rewarding????

P.S. I did my whining last year regarding the critiquing thread issue, remember?:lol:

It was a temporary relief thing....once it became a novelty it was taken back.

Sht gets out of hand like it did before I would rekon we'll see it again (I't still around I can feel it) It's prolly just hidden from view untill it becomes necessary again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back