WIDE ANGLE ADAPTER.

B16JOP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a wide angle adapter to fit on lenses for my canon 300d. I can buy one for my camcorder which is just a single piece of glass and works well but can find nothing for the canon. Don't want professinal quality, just a decent image.

well mate...I aint one to know...but I have no clue....try searching on google...But ive never seen one...and ive browsed through alo of equipment..sorry dude.

Wide-angle adapters are for fixed lens cameras and produces very poor images. IMO way less that decent more of an arts school look. :shock: If that is the look you what you maybe able to find one what mite fit your lens.

But the real question is why an adapter the Canon 300D is an SLR with interchangeable lens. You can buy any lens you need or want within your budget.

You can buy fish-eye adapters for SLR lenses, which are extreme wide-angle, but as Jeff said, the quality suffers a good bit.

You just have to know what size filter mount your lens has and get an adapter that size.

What I want to do is purchase a Canon 75-300 IS zoom lens and add a wide angle converter to bring it back to 18mm when I need it so I can have a do it all lens and not cart around a bag of different lenses,

Honestly, I think that would be a mistake.
Because the light ray need to travel in a straight line.
Any wide-angle adapter will require that it have a prism to redirect light.
IMO you should get a second lens when your budget allows is the best option

Is this the lens you are talk about?
ef70-300_45-56doisu_586x225.jpg

Yes, thats the one, I have a Sigma 28-300 which is fairly good apart from at 300mm its impossible to keep still. I know I could use a tripod but I am trying to travel light without lots of extra gear. Canon make a 28-300 IS lens but it is rather bulky and about £1800.
Thanks for the info - back to the drawing board.

I don't think you'd even be able to find an adapter to take you from 75mm down to 18. That's more of a jump than any adapter I've seen can do.

If you want a wide angle, several 3rd party companies make 19-35mm zooms that work pretty well. The cheapest is less than $200, but at 19mm there is pretty noticeable fish-eye effect on it (Phoenix).

Most reactions

Back