Wide angle, but which one?

c_mac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have searched everywhere I can to find images taken with the Sigma 10-20 and the Canon 10-22. I know that both of these lenses are great. But other than price I am trying to get owners of these lenses opinions.

From what I have seen:
The canon seems to do better at night(less flare)
The sigma seems to be a little more contrasty
the canon is faster, but not much

I would really like to know how fast either of these zoom, and what your opinion is on how sharp either of these are (mostly all the way to the edges)

TIA

corey

Asside from the canon being faster (f/3.5 at 10mm as opposed to f/4), the canon has less vignetting and lower chromatic aberration. The sigma however is sharper. Reviews and technical tests are at www.photozone.de

The canon 10-22mm, I think, is close to L quality. It is a great lens, and I loved using it

and i've heard that the sigma is also VERY good, so maybe it'll come down to price difference or just the brand you prefer...

thanks everyone! those links were amazingly helpful. i still have some time to think about it. more than likely it will be the price that will sell, at least for me anyway. again thanks!

corey

You didn't mention Sigma 12-24. Worth checking. I got it and am very happy with it.

i guess i am just looking to get the absolute widest. i have a fisheye but the distortion gets old and doesn't work for everything.

i have thought about it though. but i can't justify the almost $200
difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back