Wide Angle Lens Recommendations

Q4kntmare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have a Nikon D80, and will at some point upgrade my camera (not sure when). But for now I do not have a wide angle lens current and would like to make that my next addition.

Here are my current lenses: 18-135 Nikon Lens (came with my camera), 70-300 Nikon VR, & a Tamron Macro Lens.

Any recommendations on a solid wide angle lens, that won't break the bank?

Thanks!

Look for a clean used version of the lens that tirediron recommended.
Adorama,KEH,Fleabay and others will get you a great deal that way.

I just bought a used version of the 11-16 tokina on eBay. I got the original version (no built in focus motor) for around $350. You can get the version 2 which includes the focus motor built in for approx $100 more....

In the few test shots I've done I am tickled to death with my purchase

The Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 is pretty well-respected.

You'll have to define, "Breaking the bank" in your terms. The Tokina 11-16 is a very well regarded UWA for DX bodies.

This^

As mentioned above, you can pick up the newer version of the Tokina 11-16 (with built in focus motor) for about $500. I have used this lens my self back in my DX days and it's very nice.

That makes it much more difficult then. I suppose I would look at the Nikon 10-24 or similar; but I doubt that is within your $500 budget...

You'll have to define, "Breaking the bank" in your terms. The Tokina 11-16 is a very well regarded UWA for DX bodies.
I've been shooting this lens like a beast and love it.

Most reactions

Back