wide angle

kevholt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi
i want a wide angle lens and just looking on internet but what are the numbers im looking for to know if it is wide angle??

It depends on the camera you have...so what do you have?

The lower the focal length number, the wider it is. If you have an 18-55mm kit lens, for example, you will need a lens with a number smaller then 18 to get a wider lens.

Reading this reminds me of how our politicians are solving the economic crisis...:mrgreen::confused:

Look for anything in the 10-30 range, that would be wide. The lower the number, the wider it is.

As mentionned, depending on your camera model, this may change.

thanks for ur help every one....
Yes my cam is Nikon D60 but I have been looking at the D90 because it has brecketing function and I want to do HDR, and also want some wide angle photos to play with.

So can you get a wide angle lens with a good zoom??
I have been using my 18-55 and it drives me nuts not having a bit more zoom.

thanks for ur help every one....
Yes my cam is Nikon D60 but I have been looking at the D90 because it has brecketing function and I want to do HDR, and also want some wide angle photos to play with.

So can you get a wide angle lens with a good zoom??
I have been using my 18-55 and it drives me nuts not having a bit more zoom.

More zoom in which direction? You can pick up a 18-200 if you want a good walk around lens. But if you want wider than 18mm, you aren't going to find a huge zoom range built into a single lens. You can look into lenses such as the Nikon 12-24, Nikon 10-24, Tokina 11-16, Sigma 10-20, etc.

to zoom closer....
so what you all saying is to have wide angle u dont got a big zoom....
ok....
Its just because i dont want to have many diff lens because I'm a traveler and sleeping on asian public transport, things can very easy go missing (and do) so dont like to have thousands of $$ of gear on me, having a laptop aswell as cam is just making me a hot target lol

I just want wide angle and best zoom....(zoom to get closer)

Most reactions

Back