Wide zoom for weddings, some landscape

arond24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

Looking for advice on a wide zoom for my d750. I will be using it for an outdoor wedding specifically on a beach, but then afterwards, for all kinds of wedding settings. I currently am shooting with a 70-200 and a 50 prime. Budget is: don't want to go broke but want a nice lens;) thank you!

Hi all!

Looking for advice on a wide zoom for my d750. I will be using it for an outdoor wedding specifically on a beach, but then afterwards, for all kinds of wedding settings. I currently am shooting with a 70-200 and a 50 prime. Budget is: don't want to go broke but want a nice lens;) thank you!

Are you really looking for a wide zoom, say a 17-35mm lens, or are you looking for a standard zoom in the 24-70mm range?

Either way, you should be more specific with your budget. The range is too vast otherwise --$250-2000 probably.

I was originally thinking 17-55 range? But I am open to suggestions on that. What would I gain from 17-24? Is it quite noticeable? Budget wise I would take opinions on lenses in the starting range up to maybe mid range... didn't want to go over 1000

Understand that even a 24 can be difficult to manage, due to the wide angle effect. I would not go wider than 24.
The only reason is the exception, a family inside a small room, where your back is literally against the wall.

I would think the 24-70/2.8 (about $2k) or 24-120/4 (about $1k) would be the lens you want.
The 24-70 is the matching lens for your 70-200.

Last edited:
@DGMPhotography might have some advice. I think he purchased a 24-70mm F2.8 of some sort in the past few months, and I know he spent a lot of time researching.

I was originally thinking 17-55 range?

17-55 is uncommon on a Full Frame. Did you come from a crop sensor size? The 24-70 would be the rough equivalent; 17mm is VERY wide angle.

I was originally thinking 17-55 range?

17-55 is uncommon on a Full Frame. Did you come from a crop sensor size? The 24-70 would be the rough equivalent; 17mm is VERY wide angle.

Yes I did, ok and the tamron for Nikon? Tamron 24-70mm

I could maybe do that then a specific 10 or 14 mm for any special landscape shot I might want...separately

if you can swing it, look at the G2 version of it. I have the linked Tamron.

I could maybe do that then a specific 10 or 14 mm for any special landscape shot I might want...separately

You are thinking "crop camera" again.
16-35, 17-35 or 18-35 would probably be sufficient.

Most reactions

Back