Wierd xt problem

vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just today when i turned the camera on in Apture mode the meter wouldn't move when I changed the apture. it stayed the same from 22-1.8 I switched lenses and got the same thing.

I tryed to take out the battries and put them back in, changing lenses, fully charging the battries, etc....it keeps happening and I can't find anything in the manual about this problem.

If you are fimilar with it and have a fix that would be great.

Also, when I use manual mode and it works fine.

had a similar same problem with my film Canon. it then even started rewinding film randomly. it came out ther ewas some dirt on the electrical camera-lens contacts
which totally confused the camera electronics.

might be something else in your case though ...

Um...am I missing something?

It's not supposed to move!

When you change your aperture, the shutter speed is changed to reflect that change, so your meter should stay the same as well...

going from 2.0 to 2.8
shutter speed 1/120, would change to shutter speed 1/60...and thus the same amount of light is coming in.

Unless I"m totally missing an important factor here.

no, maybe you miss nothing!

i just re-read the original post carefully ... i assumed he meant the shutter speed not changeing (as in my case) ... but that is not what he wrote .... so we need some explanation what you mean here, vandecarr :D

okay, what was happening is the meter would stay at about a half stop under exposed.

Anyway, I fixed it. If this happens to anyone else here is what you do....throw it against a wall at medium speed and have the f stop at 1:8......JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Really, I cleared all the settings in the camera and that took care of it.

When you change your aperture, the shutter speed is changed to reflect that change, so your meter should stay the same as well...

going from 2.0 to 2.8
shutter speed 1/120, would change to shutter speed 1/60...and thus the same amount of light is coming in.

Unless I"m totally missing an important factor here.

Same as having it in program mode, setting it for one stop underexposed and wondering why it never changes.

yeah it isn't supposed to move..... pressing the "AV+" and then turning the control dial moves it though if you want a slightly darker or lighter image in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back