Wild horses in the Desert

Nice, but what desert are you talking about and where is it? I, for one, always like to know where things like this are.

Whoops, :icon_mrgreen: I guess I should have looked at the first post before this one. Still, as one who is not familiar with Utah, where would I find these if I was looking for them?

WesternGuy

Nice, but what desert are you talking about and where is it? I, for one, always like to know where things like this are.

Whoops, :icon_mrgreen: I guess I should have looked at the first post before this one. Still, as one who is not familiar with Utah, where would I find these if I was looking for them?

WesternGuy
Google Simpson Springs in Juab County Utah

Very nice....I like it.....

Okay, THe applauds have been done. Now to make a couple of observations. When you are shooting large mammals make CERTAIN there is some separation between them...there is no such animal as a six-legged horse. Next get at least one with the head up, and ears forward. The dappled gray on the left fits that, but it looks like its tail has been removed. I would bet that 30 seconds after you took that shot his tail was visible. (horses are as touchy about that as women are about acne! )

If you can't get horizontal separation try fro getting less depth of field and putting the back animal more out of focus. Generally waiting a few minutes (patiently! ;) ) will get you your best shots. My second thought is subjective, but important I think. Scenes with any animal are NOT bettered by oversaturation, and over sharpened, or over anything.

Good luck making CERTAIN of anything when you are dealing with wild animals.

The other shot in your photobucket with the horses running from right to left is also very nice.

The other shot in your photobucket with the horses running from right to left is also very nice.

I agree, there is certainly no certainty when shooting wildlife. But why take a shot you know is mediocre?

I agree, there is certainly no certainty when shooting wildlife. But why take a shot you know is mediocre?

I don't know, maybe because it's wildlife and you may not get a shot at all if you are waiting for a non mediocre shot? Or, maybe I don't think it's mediocre. Or maybe my batteries are going dead, or my wife told me to come home now or, or, or, or.

I don't know, maybe because it's wildlife and you may not get a shot at all if you are waiting for a non mediocre shot? Or, maybe I don't think it's mediocre. Or maybe my batteries are going dead, or my wife told me to come home now or, or, or, or.

I take way to many mediocre and bad shots to go around doing it knowingly! ;)

Understood if you consider your own mediocre.
Do you post any images you feel are mediocre or do you only post what you feel are superior to mediocre?

Do you post any images you feel are mediocre or do you only post what you feel are superior to mediocre?

Loaded question, but no I do not purposely post mediocre unless there is some purpose other than to gain admiration. By some standards some of mine, maybe many are mediocre. The ones that I know are I post only because it makes a point, is a rarity, or to illustrate something. That I produce them does not mean that I do not recognize and know what may have caused the mediocrity. One of my pet peeves is people who read a critique, form an opinion of the person posting and then condemn what they wrote based upon their personal judgement of the poster, ignoring completely the validity of the critique. The internet has given these people a wide platform on which to practice their particular form of ignorance.

Loaded question, but no I do not purposely post mediocre unless there is some purpose other than to gain admiration. By some standards some of mine, maybe many are mediocre. The ones that I know are I post only because it makes a point, is a rarity, or to illustrate something. That I produce them does not mean that I do not recognize and know what may have caused the mediocrity. One of my pet peeves is people who read a critique, form an opinion of the person posting and then condemn what they wrote based upon their personal judgement of the poster, ignoring completely the validity of the critique. The internet has given these people a wide platform on which to practice their particular form of ignorance.
WoW!!!

Well, that escalated quickly.

Nice shot Christian. I agree this photo makes me want to go there. It also makes me feel like I'm looking out a window at this scene. I actually like this one with a more saturated look to it.

WesternGuy
Google Simpson Springs in Juab County Utah
Thanks.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back