Wild horses in the Desert

Interesting shot of horses. I like it. The mountains in the background add a nice touch that provides balance and shows the depth of the desert.

Okay, THe applauds have been done. Now to make a couple of observations. When you are shooting large mammals make CERTAIN there is some separation between them...there is no such animal as a six-legged horse. Next get at least one with the head up, and ears forward. The dappled gray on the left fits that, but it looks like its tail has been removed. I would bet that 30 seconds after you took that shot his tail was visible. (horses are as touchy about that as women are about acne! )

If you can't get horizontal separation try fro getting less depth of field and putting the back animal more out of focus. Generally waiting a few minutes (patiently! ;) ) will get you your best shots. My second thought is subjective, but important I think. Scenes with any animal are NOT bettered by oversaturation, and over sharpened, or over anything.
Sometimes it's better to appreciate art than tear it apart, you'll be happier and live longer, of course if you are constantly critiquing everyone else, your life might seem longer and you will almost certainly miss the things you should improve in yourself.
There is beauty in EVERY moment, not just the ones that fit some persons ideal.
Nice shot.

Most reactions

Back