Will Pentax lens fit Nikon D70s?

jhbates

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My father in-law has several old Pentax film lens that he hasn't used in years. I have a Nikon D70s and was wondering if they would work on my camera. I don't have any idea what they are yet, so I appologize for being vague on what I am asking about. Thanks for your input.

Short answer, as everyone else already said: No.
Long answer: Theoretically, using an adapter, like Chris mentioned, but you'd either be using a cheap adapter that would seriously limit what you could do with the lens, or a very expensive custom-made adapter with electronics and optics. Neither are great options.

Camera systems from different companies are of course designed so that you can only use their lenses on their cameras ('third-party' companies excepted)... however it's possible to adapt some lenses to some lens mounts. Sometimes this is fairly easy, for example M42 screw-mount lenses will easily adapt to Pentax, Canon, Minolta/Sony or Olympus SLRs with a simple metal adapter. The Canon EF mount can take Nikon lenses with an adapter, or Pentax lenses with modification. But because of the spacing of the Nikon F mount, Nikon SLRs can only really take lenses designed for that mount.

Most reactions

Back