Will this equiptment fulfill my lighting needs?

slinkferet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so I have a Canon 7d, and want to get two flashes, that can be simultaneously triggered off-camera, and than can fire one on camera simultaneously with one off camera. Would this equiptment do the job? I know its not the best, but would it work for what I want? and if it doesnt, what would I need.
YN 565 (2 of these): http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-YN-56...MUX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320118750&sr=8-1
YN ST-E2: Amazon.com: Yongnuo ST-E2 Flash Wireless TTL Transmitter / Speedlite Transmitter for Camera Canon 1000D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 50D 40D,Flash Canon 550EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 580EX, 580EX II: Electronics

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Now that I've researched even more, I'm pretty sure an on-camera YN 565 can't fire the off-camera YN 565 simultaneously, am I right?

Yes that's correct if you're talking about using ETTL. Your 7D can fire one or both of the YN 565s, using ETTL, when they are off camera by using the pop-up flash.

If you are using one of the 565s on camera it cannot be a master to the other 565 off camera using ETTL. You can however get the off camera one to fire but you would have to use the off camera one in manual mode.

The best review of the YN 565 that I've found is on Speedlights.net although the review is not quite complete (yet!).

Most reactions

Back