Remote Advice

mwilson263

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I have Canon flashes - 600ex-rt & 430ex ii. I currently have a sync cord for one, as well as a Phottix transmitter and a couple receivers that will fire the flashes only. I'd like to upgrade to units so I can change settings at the camera (6d) instead of at each flash which is cumbersome.

I've done some research, but am a bit confused at which system to go with. I don't think an st-e3-rt is am option because of the 430 but am not sure; and have looked at Yongnuo 622c, Pocket Wizard, and Phottix Odin.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or experiences any of you have had with these.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Well you can always sell the 430 used. And buy a 2nd flash that works better remotely with a trigger of choice. Or one that already has remote capabilities built in. It just might be cheapre in the long run, getting a little back from the 430 sale.

Well you can always sell the 430 used. And buy a 2nd flash that works better remotely with a trigger of choice. Or one that already has remote capabilities built in. It just might be cheapre in the long run, getting a little back from the 430 sale.

That's a great idea - hadn't thought about going down that route. I've heard good things about Yongnuo flashes so might look at those, but will also research other brands.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back