will this lens fit a Nikon d200?

phil-ray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im going to buy a nikon d200 after the new year and this lens came up for sale as a very good price on another non photography forum.

http://www.jessops.com/Store/s50317...ls.aspx?&IsSearch=y&pageindex=1&CatId=143&com

the website says it doesnt say it fits a d200 but the guy selling it says it does. can any one help me?

Link to dpreview d200

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=nikon_d200

Thanks phil

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The manual for your camera states in the back the D200 excepts any Nikon F mount lens since the Ai series of the 1970s with an odd notable exception. It's worth reading that part since it will tell you exactly how each lens differs in camera operation.

I don't know why you even need to ask this question really this lens is of the latest generation. A G type lens is likely to need a recent body, and not the other way around.

OP
P

phil-ray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
cheers for the reply

the reson i asked because i am going to buy a d200 in a few weeks after the new year and currently own a d50 but just wasnt 100% sure if it would fit or not and thought i would make sure before purchising the lens for a camera i dont have yet.

Thanks

Reel1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The lens will fit perfectly. Good luck with your purchase.

Reel1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The manual for your camera states in the back the D200 excepts any Nikon F mount lens since the Ai series of the 1970s with an odd notable exception. It's worth reading that part since it will tell you exactly how each lens differs in camera operation.

I don't know why you even need to ask this question really this lens is of the latest generation. A G type lens is likely to need a recent body, and not the other way around.

The manual usually comes with the camera, as he/she has not purchased the camera yet, he/she has no manual.

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The manual usually comes with the camera, as he/she has not purchased the camera yet, he/she has no manual.
i've read 3 manuals in the past month without having bought a camera.

sabbath999

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I generally download the manuals off of the manufacturer's websites and completely read them BEFORE I make a purchase (unless it is for something like a 50mm f/1.8 or something that you just mount and shoot)

Garbz

Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't quite understand what phil-ray meantwhen he/she said: "i am going to buy a d200 in a few weeks" after I already posted :p

Most reactions

New Topics