Will you help me choose?

twoboysnmygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this here b/c I'm not necessarily looking for C&C, although if something is glaringly wrong in any of my shots, certainly feel free to point it out!

There is a photography contest in our small rural midwest town in the spring that I would like to enter. I didn't realize they were having it last year until the last minute and when I saw the entries, I KNEW that I would have to enter this upcoming year!

I picked out 10 of my shots I'm considering. They aren't all my favorite ever shots, but they are what I think will be pleasing to the judges in this area. I would love some pro input on which pic or two you like best.

I also know that you guys hate clicking links, but there are 10 shots and I really don't want to upload them all to photobucket when they are already on my blog. (with ugly watermarks you'll have to ignore) The blog is shared with a fellow friend who loves photography as well, if you start looking around.

Anyway (sorry, rambling is a pastime for me) :lol:

So, if you dare click on the link (I swear I'm not a spammer, most people have seen me around) here are the 10 shots.

The 365 Project: Help me choose!

2, 5, and 10 would be my top 3 choices. I can't narrow it down any farther than that though

Thanks everyone who has responded so far! My husband's fav is 10 as well. It's going to be hard to choose, I should find out if I can submit more than 1! :mrgreen:

What is the subject for the contest, or guidelines?

They haven't announced anything for this upcoming year, but last year there was certainly NO subject or guidelines. I saw shots that my 10 year old could have taken better with a p&s that placed, and to make it worse, there were a couple beautifully done shots that didn't even get honorable mention. All sorts of subjects from people to landscape. I do believe it looked like they are judging on the CONTENT more than photographic form, lighting, sharpness, etc. Basically they picked the pretty pics. ;)

and I'm sure you are asking why I would want to enter something like this, but it's where I live and I just thought I would blow them away with my amazing abilities. :lol:

I like 3 and 6. Nice shoots and good luck with which ever you decide to use.

Hmmm, so I just found more info on the contest. It's 25$ an entry, you can only enter two. The first prize is $400 and then the prizes go down from there, with 2nd, 3rd, and a few honorable mentions with $50 prizes. I want to do it, but I feel like in order to win first, the shot really has to stand out from the crowd and I'm unsure which of my shots would do that (you know how you look at your work so much that you start getting frustrated with it and not able to tell what is good and what isn't? That's where I'm at.

I'm waffling between the dancers in the street, the glasses/book, and the snowy sunrise shot. I don't even know if I'll be able to afford to enter two of them, this is torture! :lol:

4 and 6 for me

2, 4 but also 10. To win, perhaps 2 is not so outstanding, but still nice.

I like 4 and 6 although all are good - these are my faves!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back