Willard Hotel DC (not 56K friendly)

Nice pictures, great use of existing light, flash would of murdered the mood and feel of them.

thanks guys and Alison, I will look into that, thanks!

mrsid99 & Alison - 200 ISO, RAW, 1/2 sec @ f/3.5, 24mm Nikkor, D70. i stepped in to use their restroom facilities and couldn't believe it. just goes to show ya that you can be somewhere forever and still not see everything! i didn't have a tripod either - just held firm on nearby solid objects and got extremely lucky.

That's amazing, you have a very steady hand! I get camera shake at anything more than 1/30th :D

Wonderfull pictures. My favourite is the last picture on the first post, really like the angle and the subject, it looks like someone very important...oh maybe the queen of England is about to sit down and dine. :)

those are great. on the second and third one there is some stuff you might want to crop out, because its blurry and it looks like your trying to acheive a crisp shot. for instance, the sofa or chair in the second picture and the plant vase in the third. good stuff though.

JonMikal, once again fab pictures. :cheer:

thebeginning said:
those are great. on the second and third one there is some stuff you might want to crop out, because its blurry and it looks like your trying to acheive a crisp shot. for instance, the sofa or chair in the second picture and the plant vase in the third. good stuff though.

i will certainly look into this. although spontaneous, i was out to get as clean an image as possible. i should return with a pod and focus on f/settings. thanks for you suggestion.

thanks again to ALL!

excellent pictures! all of them belong in a brochure or magazine. I mean it as a compliment.

Most reactions

Back