Wind Turbine Farm

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I always drive past these turbines from a distance and have been dying to get up there and take some photos. So today, on fathers day, I dragged my dad out for a walk in the ****ing rain through 45 minutes of sheep ****, so that I might take some photos... which seemed perfectly reasonable to me. :D [edit: I shall wash my filthy mouth out with soap...]

Feedback would be appreciated if anyone can be bothered to take the time, thanks :lol:

The turbines themselves are scale deceptive, and you'll see their enormity from some of their pictures, unfortunately I couldn't get a photo of the nice 'whoosh' sound they were making as they spun ;)

Photobucket is once more priding itself in being a royal pain in the ass when it come to resizing my photos... I won't even bother to attempt to fix them this time. :x

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

7. Fun with perspective...
07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14. The little blob at the bottom is my dad...
14-1.jpg

Nice. I ship a lot of those by truck and rail for a living. I definitely know how
big they really are. :) Each one of those blades are near 100' in length. :D

They are all soooo good. I can't find fault with any of them.

5, 6 & 9 are my favorites :thumbup:

another great series, the only feedback that comes to mind is that 12 and 13 don't really work for me just because one "turbine" is hiding the others... the comp doesn't really work for me, but loved everything else... the nuts/bolts, the perspective silhouette, and #2 are all my favorites... :thumbup:

Haha, the 7th one made me chuckle! That's a neat idea. Seeing these really brings me back to California, especially when I was younger and we were driving (whoever knows where) and you could just look out the window and see rolling hills covered in those things. It's an image that sticks with you for a long time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back