Windmill

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious to see what people think of this shot. This is from 2004 when I really started to get into photography and had just recently bought my 300D. It's fun going back to your old shots and seeing how you've improved!

(no PP on this shot)

windmill.jpg

I like the way you composed it but......it's just kind of boring. You could find a better angle or take the shot in better light or include more of the windmill in it. But as you said, this shot is 4yrs old now so I'm sure that amount of time is reflected in your current photography.

I was scrolling down, expecting there to be more in this pic. So, the fact that I was disappointed that there wasn't, is not a good sign to me..;) It looked promising, but yes, it's a bit boring. And the crop is a bit weird. Why would you show parts of the lower two things (I don't know the English word).

pascal

thanks for the feedback.

I can see how it's somewhat boring, but what I was going for was simplicity. I liked the lines and the textures of the windmill.

I guess I was trying for something different. I'm sure the norm would be to shoot it "portrait orientation". I did take some portrait-oriented shots of the windmill also, but for some reason I liked that one best, it seemed more dramatic.

Here's a variation.

windmill2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back