I use windows 7 and originally had the same issue. The best way to get around it is to opt NOT to import the pictures to your photo library when you upload from the camera. Instead, create a folder (on your desktop or somewhere with easy access) and save the images there without "sharing" it with your library.
Then you can manually go in and separte out your RAW files from the jpg's .. (I like to make a subfolder inside labeled RAW versions). Now, when you view the contents of your folder with live view, it will only go through the jpegs.
If you want to then share that folder with your library, take out the one labled "raw versions" and save it somewhere on your hard drive that you like to keep raw files. For example, I keep a folder on my desktop, titled "raw photoshoots" and then inside, every subfolder will have the title of the shoot, and contain only raw files.
Then just copy/past the folder you have left containing only jpegs into your picture library. (windowskey + E) (C drive) (Users) ('youraccountname') (pictures), and now your jpeg folder is saved in your windows library, and your Raws have a home away from everything else.
That's how I do it anyway, and I'm sure it's more work than somebody out there has a solution for, I tend to make things difficult =P But it works well, and things stay sorted nicely!