Windows

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon an abandoned building, which used to be an electrical generation plant of some kind. I stepped inside and noticed that when I looked through the windows, it produced a very cool effect. I made several edits...C&C desired!

windows2.jpg

A tighter crop...
windows3.jpg

Now in B&W. Despite the great colors captured above, I think this is my favorite.
windows4.jpg

Just for reference, here's what I started with...
windows1.jpg

Oh, makes the edits look even better, now that we know where you began!

I personally like the first best. Cool view you saw and captured there! Everything out there gets its own little frame, well spotted. Looks good. I like the powerline in this photo very much. While they are usually just in the way and a nuisance, here it adds depth and a leading like. As do the rows of cut corn, all aspects I much appreciate, too.

Thanks for the comments. I believe this will be an even nicer shot when the corn gets planted and starts to grow. The greens will ad a lot to the shot. And the DOF the rows of corn will provide will be another interesting element to add.

I like the way the field itself looks in the first one, but the sky looks kinda phoney to me, with the blue clouds. That's probably a function of the fact that the sky and clouds were pretty gray in the original, but overall I like the original best because it at least looks natural. Also, looking at where the piece of metal was in the foreground of the original and where it's been cloned out in the others, there's some repetition in the foliage patterns.

I like the B&W one. I find the photoshopped part in the bottom left corner a bit disturbing, though.

EDIT: Bull Goose beat me to it.

I did increase the saturation a lot in the edits to try and make the sky pop. Maybe it's too much. I think the metal in the original ruins the shot, but am not pleased with how the cloning turned out now that I've actually studied the shots further.

Basically, it was a very interesting shot that was hampered by some technical problems, and I was trying to save the picture. When I revisit the site, I'll change the location where I shoot to try and eliminate the gears and the rest of the problems. Thanks for the feedback.

Adobe Photo Shop Elements 6. It works pretty well, but I'd like a program that does HDR's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back