Wine Tour Fun

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend was Red Wine and Chocolates in the Yakima Valley. Had a blast and got to take some pictures, especially at the last winery of the night which really indulged me. Of course, I think they were happy to possibly have some nice free photos of their product :) Feel free to critique. I realize there are a lot, but I didn't think it was enough to create a second post.

you have some nice pict here

For me, the DOF works well in shot #5, but not so well in #2 or #8. Shots #5 and #6 are my favorites.

Nice set - especially 1 ,3, & 6

Thanks for the replies. 1, 3, and 6, are my favorites as well. Jenko, any thoughts as to why you don't think the DOF works in #8. I liked the fact that it put focus on the bottles. Is it maybe the fact that the last arm is also in focus and distracts from the bottles?

The woman in #4 looks a bit red. Otherwise good set.

Thanks for the replies. 1, 3, and 6, are my favorites as well. Jenko, any thoughts as to why you don't think the DOF works in #8. I liked the fact that it put focus on the bottles. Is it maybe the fact that the last arm is also in focus and distracts from the bottles?

No, too much of the foreground is OOF, and it's not very visually appealing. It takes up 1/2 of the frame, yet it serves no purpose.

12595788885_1d99e90809_zpse154d414.jpg

EOV, I really struggle with white balance sometimes. It seems to me like having an appropriate white balance negates the actual color of the scene (if that makes sense). For instance, most of the locations had very warm lighting. If I adjust the white balance appropriately, don't I lose that warm color? I must admit that white balance (or the objective behind it) eludes me a bit, and I haven't given it as much thought in my learning as I have other topics.

jenko, I see your point. Here is another "version" I did of it...a separate pic at a separate time. Do you prefer this? Is it still too much? I think I initially chose the first one because it gave the impression of more people being there, but considering the bottles are the focus, maybe that point didn't come across.

yahgiggle, I was actually thinking the same thing. A fun time was had by all :)

Most reactions

Back