Winter in Poland

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today my dad decided thathe can't stand his mother and his mother-in-law any longer during the christmas time, he grabbed my zenith, a roll of black and white film, he grabbed me and we drove about half an hour to take a few pictures. Fortunately, during the night the snow had fallen so everything was white. I took a few pictures but I'm happy with only one. i did a lot of postprocessing (and I hate it) but I like the way the photo turned out. so here it is:
zima_007b.jpg

2. this one was converted to B&W
zima_038b.jpg

3. we were walking though the woods and i found this spot:
zima_032.jpg

4. the sky was very dramatic:
zima_040b.jpg

5. and here is the last one. And I need an advice... mostly from Raymond and other bird lovers, bird photogs... I was standing just below the tree, and this bird wasn't far far away... and even though I took this picture on 300 mm zoom. so... what do you guys do to have so wonderful bird pictures? do you climb up the tree?
zima_009.jpg

I know I know... the last one is very lame :) noob picture ... a snapshot... but I want to know what do you guys do :)
and of course comments on the first one appreciated! :D

Very cool pictures, #1 and #3 are my favorites. I really like #1 because its very cold and moody and all the white snow in the front contrasts with the dark trees in the backgroud. Good work :thumbup:

"cool" pictures (pun intended) o minty one! Do you live in the countryside then? I always thought you were a big city girl.

Rob

Rob said:
"cool" pictures (pun intended) o minty one! Do you live in the countryside then? I always thought you were a big city girl.

Rob

I do live in a big city :) ok... it's not as big as London but it has 500 000 citizens. and we just got on a highway and drove for half an hour.. than we stopped :)

thanks! but I need more feedback :) Raymond! Where are you?

right here Mentos! I just woke up from a afternoon snooze.. that baby can mess up the sleep! Great shots, love the 1st one, I love your bird shot, and I would like to know what kind of bird it is?? looks like a fresh snow, and i would swear you are here in Canada for these pics... you sure that's Polska??

I really like the pond shot too.. awesome!

awesome pictures, i really like number 3 :thumbup:

Raymond, it's a WOODPECKER. It was a hard task to find a translation for this from Polish. :) In my language it is simply "dzięcioł" :)

And thanks for any feedback.
But... w8 a minute! You didn't tell me how do you do your bird stuff?! Do you climb up there?!

Thanks all for the comments!

mentos_007 said:
Raymond, it's a WOODPECKER. It was a hard task to find a translation for this from Polish. :) In my language it is simply "dzięcioł" :)

And thanks for any feedback.
But... w8 a minute! You didn't tell me how do you do your bird stuff?! Do you climb up there?!

Thanks all for the comments!

some of my bird shots are taken under very controled settings, a friend of mine has 120 birds,... hawks, owls, eagles, falcons. we set them up and shoot away.

Others are all natural, like my latest threads.. I find these birds while roaming the country in my truck, and very carefully sneak up on them while shooting every few steps. My 70-300 mm helped me get closer, and my new lens, 80-400mm is even better. some day, a 800 mm will be in the kit!

you need to find a raptor center, or a zoo of some kind to get started, or get in touch with some naturalist, or bird watchers, and see if they can help you get close!

Its not easy, it takes time, and effort, and studies, but it is fun!

I'm sure it is fun! the nearest zoo is in Germany... about... 30 km from here... maybe whe it will get a bit warmer and when I get my nikon d50 I'll try there :D thank you :)

Most reactions

Back